We are excited to be able to release JEvents 3.1 . It is designed to be compatible will both Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0 (For JEvents 2.2.8 which runs in Joomla 1.5.5 please see the download area). There are a few new features such as the option to check for conflicting events specific to calendar, improved core Joomla SEF handling and the implemntation of a number of special module positions specific to JEvents. Also its now possible to customise the event editing page. See the download area for a summary of the changes from version 2.2
JEvents 3.1.8+ has Joomla! updater support! For all the free and paid components, modules and plugins. Note an API key and active subscription is needed to update club add-ons, which you can get from our website.
JEvents 1.5.6 is still available but is no longer supported (see the bottom of this article for download links).
Installing the JEvents 3.0 package will install the main JEvents component and a number of modules and plugins (If you are using the special club layouts these MUST be upgraded to be compatible with version 3.0 of JEvents) - remember after installation you should open the JEvents component page and edit and save the configuration to complete the installation. JEvents is a large component so if you have problems installing please read this article and this forum post. You will have the following installed alongside the component:
Unlike many Joomla calendars we do not charge to download JEvents - please show your support for this project by becoming a member of the JEvents Club. Club members get access to early releases, exclusive member support forums, and Silver and Gold members can use many exciting JEvents addons.
Your membership will ensure that JEvents continues to be the best events calendar for Joomla.
- Mini-Calendar Module - this gives an overview of events which can be placed on any page
- Latest Events Module - this gives a brief summary of upcoming events with lots of configuration options
- Legend Module - this gives the key to the category colours and is needed by the main calendar component if you want this to display at the bottom of the calendar
- Search & Smart Search Plugins - if you want events to appear in the main Joomla search page
- Official translations are available here. You may also find other translations in the forum.
- JEvents Filter Module - allows your visitors to filter the events visible on a page. Especially useful when you install club addons - see here fore more info.
- If you are upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5 see the migration script and instructions
You can view a getting started document and migration instructions if you click Documentation in the top menu.
JEvents features multiple layout options giving immense customisation potential - try them out with the JEvents Switcher Module on the side of the demo pages on this site.
If you are looking for JEvents 1.5.6 download files you can find below. Please note that JEvents 1.5.x is no longer supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+.
- calendar module
- latest events module
- search plugin
- joomfish content element files
- filter module
- legend module
If AND ONLY IF you are using Joomla 1.5 then you must install and enable the language override plugin so that the language files are loaded correctly. ALSO you must enable Joomla MooTools Upgrade plugin