JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Front end editing disrupts page layout

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby ammiking14 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:52 pm

In chrome and firefox, when i want to add an event from the front end it messes with the layout of my page...almost like its creating an extra opening div or something. i have attached a screen shot of what its doing and how it should look. Please help
Attachments
shot2.jpg
shot2.jpg (47.73 KiB) Viewed 632 times
shot1.jpg
shot1.jpg (45.94 KiB) Viewed 632 times
ammiking14

Postby Geraint » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:21 pm

This is to do with floating elements in your template.

You could try enabling popup editing or make the main content column a little wider.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ammiking14 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:33 pm

that didn't seem to work....and when clicking on the add event link with the popup enabled doesn't work. i guess im just confused as to why all my other pages look fine except for adding an event to the calendar
ammiking14

Postby Geraint » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Its all to do with width and space. The editor is quite wide so there problably isn't enough space.

Is your template 800px wide? 99+% of web users now have screens at least 1000px wide. Can you make your template wider?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ammiking14 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:20 pm

no my template is 782px actually.....im willing to make it 18px wider if you think it will help. ill give it a try.
ammiking14

Postby ammiking14 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:05 pm

well i figured out that my body needed its margin and padding set to 0px which fixed the page but the editor is still lower on the page instead of at the top...is there a way to make the editor smaller...set its width somewhere?
ammiking14

Postby Geraint » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:08 pm

in the file administrator/components/com_jevents/views/icalevent/tmpl/edit.php
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)