Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Joomla 2.5.9: Out of memoy prblem (JEvents 2.2.8)  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby tora » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.9
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8

Hi,

I have installed my website for about 3-4 week. The JEvents has work well but now I have only a white page after I click on the calender menu link.

I have uninstalled all JEvents com./plugins.... and reinstalled it. The JEvent configuration is the default (Save & Close). Add one Category...

I have white page again.... If I set the Joomla error report settings to the maximum I the follow error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 38 bytes) in /var/www/web498/html/bowhunter_j25/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 712

The Joomla cache I no active and no gzip compression...

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,
Tora
tora

Postby Tonyp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello Tora,

That's very interesting, 128MB with only the JEvents component is almost unthinkable.

How many events are you listing? What menu item are you using?

Can you try upgrading to 3.0.9 anyhow.

If you enabled Joomla! debug, before loading the JEvents Page how much database memory are you using?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby tora » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 am

Hello Tony,

the memory usage of the main site is only 16.92MB.

I have fresh installed the JEvents and have only one categorie and one test event. I use the menu item "View month" but if change the view item to a another one is the same error message.

It try everytime around 2-38 bytes to allocate memory as I have...

I will uninstall JEvent again. Can you say me what folder I must check if deleted... I think there is a file not correct.... I have no modified but we can try this solution...

I have tried the version 2.2.8 and 3.0.9. There is the same error message. Before I have seen the error I have the version 2.2.7 and update to 2.2.8... I have not checked the working of the JEvent calender in the frontend after the update.

Best regards,
Tora
tora

Postby Tonyp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 am

Hello Tora,

You can use:

https://www.jevents.net/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=10580

To wipe JEvents.

Can you try changing the layout? I'm just trying to narrow down possible errors.

Are you don't have any club addon's installed it is very interesting.

I wonder, do you have any plugins of any type non-Joomla?

Have you edited the custom/layout defaults in JEvents?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby tora » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 am

Hi Tony,

sorry for the late reply, I was the last two days very busy.

I have testet the calender with a another default joomla template and the it work.

I have no another club addon´s for JEvent installed. I have some another no standard joomla plugins installed. I dont know not all (some Phoca Gallery plugins, JMonitoring - Akeeba Backup, EasyCalcCheck PLUS - ECC+, Bot-Trap, some Tooltips plugins...)

Thats all. The GreenAppleV2 template is normal for J1.5/1.7 but it work on J2.5. I think this is the problem.

I have tested my site again and now is the complete website down with the same error (Out of memory) with this template. If I use a another template the site works....

I think the problem is the template...

Big thanks for help...

Best regards,
Tora
tora

Postby Tonyp » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Hello Tora,

That is very interesting... I would contact the developers of it and ask them?

I was also just check, how much memory JEvents uses when using another template. If its low i.e. say 32mb then the template must be doing some thing that is bunging up the memory.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)