JEvents Translations (Free Access)

Translating a Joomla! Extension

The place to discuss and post translations of JEvents

Postby bestjevents » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Thank you very much for this explanation of the joomla extension, just like everyone else on here, I'm very grateful.
bestjevents

Postby tungmai417 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 am

Some one please help. Where to I find the files to translate those red dotted texts? (see attached image)
Attachments
needtotranslate.jpg
needtotranslate.jpg (96.01 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
tungmai417
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:29 am

---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:17 am

It looks as though the Vietnamese (?) translation of JEvents you are using is not complete - where did you get it
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby tungmai417 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm translating it myself. The only language file I could find for Jevents. My only intention is translate the front end only. Where Can I find all the other files?

location of the file www.site.com/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_jevents.ini
Last edited by tungmai417 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tungmai417
Gold Members

Postby tungmai417 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm not sure if this is the solution. I'm using vi-Vn language pack which comes joomla for site (font end). All I want, as you see in the image there are certain words , to translate them for the front end users.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I find that the way Jevents structure its language file is a little hard to differentiate where is front and where is back... or was it never intend to be separate from the beginning?
tungmai417
Gold Members

Postby tungmai417 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:54 pm

I just want to make a quick update: Jevents doesn't have a real separation language files for front and back. This give people like me a lot of hard time trying to figure out what to do. I'm more comfortable with English in the back side but I'm creating a site for the Vietnamese community to use, so the font side is for the end users. So If I translate everything in the language files in admin folder than.. I'm the only one who could understand and know what to do in the future with the back side. I hope now you can see the problem. We can't do everything by ourselves all the time. So will there be any consideration of separating front and back language files in the near future.
tungmai417
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi tungmai47,
The reason of having those strings in the backend is because at the beginning of the component, Frontend edition was not allowed and to avoid duplication of code and resources, when frontend edition was implemented, the same resources of the backend were used.

Right now we are working in splitting completely frontend from backend and this will include language separation if needed for security reasons (to avoid referring any part of the backend from the frontend).

Anyway, you do not need to translate the whole backend file to get those language strings translated, just do a quick search in the admin file of any untranslated string that is not present in the frontend file and you'll easily find those strings. You can even use the language override tool that comes with Joomla! and this way you do not even need to mess around with text files or translation files.

Anyway, what we really encourage is that our users help us with the translation and if you want to help us with Vietnamese translation, we will be glad in extending your current subscription, please let me know if you are interested, because we will love to have JEvents translated into Vietnamese ;).

Anyway, I can give you a hand if you want creating the language package for easy installation and even add your files to our Project at Transifex so that you can translate in an easier way. This would be awesome too.

Please let me know what you think and contact me with any questions you have via PM if you prefer ;).
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Previous

Return to JEvents Translations (Free Access)