Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Forbidden to save edits from front end  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby rwarren » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Suddenly we cannot save or apply edits to events through the front end. When we go to save or apply our edits we get the following message.
------------------
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.londondiary.info Port 80
-----------------

Everything else works fine, we can delete via the front end and edit via the backend.

I have even upgraded to version 2.2.8 in the hope that that would clear the problem - but no luck there. I have played with all the global settings and permissions. checked .htaccess but to no avail. Any help please.
rwarren
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:23 am

Hello,

Have you got a password protected administration area?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:24 am

the other possibility is your SEF addon may be redirecting URLs incorrectly

BTW - have you viewed your home page in Firefox, the CSS causes the calendar to be placed in the wrong part of the page
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby rwarren » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I do have a password protected admin area in that only authorised users can access the admin area (standard stuff)
I have tried changing the sef options (including turning it off) and tried editing .htaccess file, nothing there seems to make it work.
I made CSS changes to get IE to display properly - didn't check back about firefox. Thank you for noticing it - I will go and correct that now.
meanwhile if you have any other ideas about front-end editing I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks
Richard
rwarren
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi Richard,

Can you try disabling admin protection and test?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby rwarren » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi Tony,
Not sure I know how to disable admin protection. Just tried to go to jevents configuration section and it has no stylesheet!. - most peculiar - all other sections format as expected and configuration used to work!!
I am going to give it half an hour break, then if if is till playing up I might try re-installing the latest update.
Richard
rwarren
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Hello,

It is likely because we use some Admin files, to reduce doubling up. We are in the process of moving the admin used files to the front end to avoid this. This is a reason for my test.

It looks like the cause to your problem.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby rwarren » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Just checked again this time using Internet Explorer 9.
Now when I go to edit an event from the front end the edit window opens but the event panel contains a message from Internet explorer telling me that I do not have an Internet connection! I can unpublish the event, but I cannot apply or save.
Is there anything I can do, or do I just wait until you have moved the admin files?
Thanks for your speedy advice
Richard
rwarren
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 pm

¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby rwarren » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi, I tried the both .htaccess file tricks - but it still did not work. It is frustrating because I used to be able to edit events from the front end as it is so much quicker. I still get the following message
-------------------------
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at http://www.londondiary.info Port 80
---------------------------
Any other ideas warmly welcomed
Here is the jevents info
Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.9
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
plugin_jevents_jevfacebook : 1.3.3
plugin_jevents_jevfiles : 1.5.3
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.0.2

Thanks
Last edited by rwarren on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rwarren
Silver Members

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)