Pre-Sales

how do i make a full calendar appear in a module  Topic is solved

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby sazqatch » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Just installed the free version to test it out. created a Jevent calendar module and published. its the small calendar. if I click on a date, it shows the big calendar below.

How do I put the big calendar (full monthly view) up there to show right away?

Thanks

Cliff
sazqatch

Postby Tonyp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:40 am

Hi Cliff,

You need to create a Joomla Menu item for Jevents. Select Monthly View.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 am

Also you can customised the output of the mini-calendar module to show details of the events each day in a popup tooltip.

There is a club member article describing this process with same code.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sazqatch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi. I see that I got a reply here right away. I appreciate that. I had setup this account here back in '09 with an old email address on my account and thus didnt see the notifications. I updated my account.

so...

I need the component to show a full monthly calendar on the homepage. not as a link in a menu item. I have no use for the mini calendar on the homepage, just not what the client wants.

Can the component do this?

thanks
sazqatch

Postby Tonyp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello,

In that case create a menu item JEvents->Monthly View.

And click the round star ICON in the Menu items list onced saved and this will because the default home page.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sazqatch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 pm

ah, a simple solution. Why didnt I think of that?

Ill have to structure the homepage differently than expected. making everything else a module on it, not relying on a category blog or a direct article. Will be using jomsocial for some elements of the site, will have to see if that conflicts as I go. havent started the site yet. (waiting for that client deposit check in the mail. :)

Im a little surprised that there isnt a module that can be placed with a monthly menu.

thanks
sazqatch

Postby sazqatch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:15 pm

it seems to be working well. thanks.
sazqatch

Return to Pre-Sales