Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Events showing on multiple calendars

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby dcranley » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:49 pm

JEvents v2.5.9

I have multiple calendars set up based on region of the country. When I enter an event and associated it with one of the regional calendars, it shows up on all of the calendars.

I am a new user so it is likely user error but I cannot find anything in the documentation to help me resolve the problem. I would appreciate guidance.
dcranley

Postby carcam » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm

As you have regions assigned to specific calendars, you need the category and calendars restrictions plugin to be able to restrict by calendars.

Anyway you probably need to assign each region a specific category and then restrict by categories.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby dcranley » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:42 pm

I have been able to restrict it by category but then I cannot use categories for their main intention - i.e. support groups, prevention training, etc.

I was not aware of the restrictions plugin which sounds like it is exactly what I need. Thank you for your quick response!
dcranley

Postby carcam » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:33 am

Since JEvents 2.0 you can assign multiple categories to an event, so you may assign an event to a "region" category and another one to the original purpose you have in mind.

Also a nicer solution would be using the Custom Fields plugin or as I stated on my first post the calendar restrictions plugin.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby snoop » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:23 pm

I am also having trouble with this how do you restrict the category also where do I find the "restrictions plugin"
snoop
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:25 am

Hello,

The plugin is available from our downloads area. But only available to Silver a club members I'm afraid.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)