Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
When requesting support please follow these steps:
1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.
I've just installed JEvents on my Joomla 3 system.
I'm getting all kinds of messages like this:
Strict standards: Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::fix_protocol() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\wampnew\www\Joomla3\libraries\simplepie\simplepie.php on line 833
According to what I tried to look up on this Board already, I needed to set the STRICT standards of my PHP to something different.
In my PHP.ini, I have now set this:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT
But I still am getting all of these error messages. Should I be concerned with these? If so, how do I remedy this?
Thanks in advance. I'm trying JEvents after a few years of non-support (even with a subscription) from the Anything Digital/JCal Pro people. I'm REALLY hoping to have a better experience here.
-- John Kiernan
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:21 am
It looks as thought the error reporting in your php.ini may be overridden by either you htaccess file of your Joomla config.
Please check the Joomla config and set error reporting to "none" or "server default".
If you want to check for PHP error then set this to "maximum" and not to "development" which is the same as strict.
- Posts: 42781
- Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)