JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

All day Event or Unspecified time  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby BPacheco » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Hello,
When I create an event and check box "all day event or unspecified time", my event does not show in front end. if I uncheck the box and put in a time it does show. I was just wondering if the all day event is suppose to show up on the front end.

Secondly, when editing an event my color picker does not open.

I am using 3.0.8 jevents and joomla 3.0.3.

Thanks,
Brian.
BPacheco

Postby carcam » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:44 pm

In which kind of view can't you see the events? Also does the color picker problem happens in the backend or in the frontend? If it's in the frontend it's probably a javascript clash with your template so you might check your Browser javascript console to see this.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby BPacheco » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:14 pm

It does not show up in any view mode. my default is month and if I click on the day it is still not there.
for the color picker I was editing in the backend.
BPacheco

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:02 am

1. I can't recreate your problem with the all day event. Can you upload a screensot of how you have created this event.

2. Colour picker - please change the code in administrator/components/com_jevents/views/icalevents/tmpl/edit.php at line 470 from
Code: Select all
<iframe id="fred" frameborder="0" src="<?php echo JURI::root() . "administrator/components/" . JEV_COM_COMPONENT . "/libraries/colours.html?id=fred"; ?>" style="position:absolute;width:300px!important;height:250px!important;visibility:hidden;z-index:9999;left:20px;top:-60px;overflow:visible!important;"></iframe>
to
<iframe id="fred" frameborder="0" src="<?php echo JURI::root() . "administrator/components/" . JEV_COM_COMPONENT . "/libraries/colours.html?id=fred"; ?>" style="position:absolute;width:300px!important;max-width:300px!important;height:250px!important;visibility:hidden;z-index:9999;left:20px;top:-60px;overflow:visible!important;"></iframe>

It appears as though some of the Joomla backend templates set a width on this element that causes it not to appear.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby BPacheco » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Thanks Geraint,
color picker is working. I have attached 2 screenshots of the all day event editing.
Brian.
Attachments
screeshot2.gif
screeshot2.gif (217.1 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
screenshot.gif
screenshot.gif (184.84 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
BPacheco

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 am

Can you edit the file administrator/components/com_jevents/libraries/saveIcalEvent.php and change line 89 from
if (($h+$m+$s)==0 && $data["allDayEvent"]=="on" && $data["DTEND"]>$data["DTSTART"]) {
to
if (($h+$m+$s)==0 && $data["allDayEvent"]=="on" && $data["DTEND"]>=$data["DTSTART"]) {

Now re-edit and save the event. Does it work ok now?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby BPacheco » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Yes it does. Thanks.
BPacheco

Postby Geraint » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:53 am

thanks - the change will be in the next release of JEvents
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)