JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Categories not available, even users with super admin rights

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby markjansennl » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:37 am

I've installed JEvents v3.0.8 Stable on Joomla! v2.5.9.

Within Joomla, I've created several user groups, including these (names in Dutch, the hierarchy shown below corresponds with the actual settings)

• Commissieleden
    • Bestuursleden
    • Muziekcommissie
    • PR-commissie
    • Redactie Jubal Nieuws
    • Webmasters

I've also created the following viewing access levels in Joomla:
  • Commissieleden (members: group "Commissieleden")
  • Bestuursleden (members: group "Bestuursleden")

Within JEvents, I've created several categories, among the following:
  • (a few categories with access level Public)
  • Bestuur & commissieleden (access level: Commissieleden)
  • Bestuur (access level: Bestuursleden)

Here comes what happens: JEvents does not display the categorie "Bestuur" in the drop down list of categories when adding a new event. I can understand this happening for users not having access to this access level, but this also happens to me as a super user.

Only when I explicitely add myself to the group "Bestuursleden", this group shows up in the drop down list when adding new events.

As a super user, I would expect to have access to all the groups within JEvents. Other Joomla modules also give me full access to the content stored within these modules.

Could you please provide me with advice? Is this normal behaviour of JEvents, or should I change a setting? Thanks.
markjansennl

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:20 am

Did you enable Authorised user mode in JEvents - if so check the categories your authorised users are allowed to create events in

If not then check the permissions section of the categories you have created.

Finally try creating events in the backend of Joomla - does that work? If it does then check the category restrictions on the menu items you have created for JEvents in th efrontend.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby markjansennl » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 am

Geraint, thanks for your quick reply.

Geraint wrote:Did you enable Authorised user mode in JEvents - if so check the categories your authorised users are allowed to create events in

No, I hadn't enabled this feature. Should I?

If not then check the permissions section of the categories you have created.

I have all the access rights for the categorie (see attached screenshot).
jevents_bestuur_group.png
jevents_bestuur_group.png (127.87 KiB) Viewed 1358 times

Further, as a super user I have all rights in the permissions section of JEvents:
jevents_permissions2.png
jevents_permissions2.png (124.47 KiB) Viewed 1358 times

The users belonging to the group Bestuur also have rights to manage all JEvents items:
jevents_permissions.png
jevents_permissions.png (116.88 KiB) Viewed 1358 times

Finally try creating events in the backend of Joomla - does that work? If it does then check the category restrictions on the menu items you have created for JEvents in th efrontend.

Both the backend and front-end of JEvents display the same behaviour.
markjansennl

Postby markjansennl » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 am

To complete the story, here are the groups my user belongs to:
jevents_usergroups.png
jevents_usergroups.png (131.37 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
markjansennl

Postby Tonyp » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 am

Hello,

Have you restricted the categories in the menu item? can you check their permissions?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby markjansennl » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:24 am

Tonyp wrote:Hello,

Have you restricted the categories in the menu item? can you check their permissions?

Regards
Tony

Hi Tony,

The menu items currently are restricted to anyone with the access level "special" (see image below), as I'm currently testing JEvents and don't want these links to be publicely visible.
jevents_menu_perm.png
jevents_menu_perm.png (131.24 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

However, as anyone belonging to the group author or higher gets the access level special, including myself as site administrator and including anyone in the group "bestuur" (which corresponding access level is not shown), I would expect these menu settings not to be of any influence.

Thanks for your reply and help.
markjansennl

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 am

Your user is not in group Bestuutsleden (which is the one you included in your screenshots).

Also - how did you make this group have 'Super admin' permissions as a child of the 'registered' group?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)