Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Logged out during install 2.2.8 on Joomla 2.5

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby fuzzynutss » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:43 pm

When I try to install Jevents, I get logged out automatically before any message comes up. When I log back in, I am in a non-functioning back-end. I have to log out and then back in to be able to do anything.

Afterwards, it shows that Jevents installed but it does not work, when I click on it from the Components menu this is a small sample of what I get:

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'IF'.SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS qxocr_jevents_vevent( ev_id int(12) NOT NULL auto_increment, icsid int(12) NOT NULL default 0, catid int(11) NOT NULL default 1, uid varchar(255) NOT NULL UNIQUE default "", refreshed datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', created datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

It goes on and on.

The answer seems to staring me in the face, but Im no PHP expert, so any help would be appreciated.

I've double and triple checked and my SQL user has full dbo rights (I even created another one just to be sure). The rest of my site is working just fine (only running Joomla 2.5 for the time being), and SQL seems to fine as well.

I tried using the debug function, but nothing is jumping out at me.
fuzzynutss

Postby fuzzynutss » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Also, I should add I get the following error when I click on the Database Tab in the extension manager:

Fatal error: sqlsrv_errors contains an invalid type in D:\Intranet\libraries\joomla\database\database\sqlsrv.php on line 677
fuzzynutss

Postby Tonyp » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Hello,

Are you trying to install this on Microsoft SQL Server?

We do not support this, as most websites use unix based systems and MySql. It has been proven that MySql is much more efficient than Microsoft SQL also.

Many thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby fuzzynutss » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Really?
Any idea why that is? (the part about MySQL handling it better than SQL, I mean)

I will probably move this all over to a linux box soon anyway.

Thanks for the reply. Nice to know Im not going crazy.
fuzzynutss

Postby Tonyp » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:06 am

There are many reviews out there and debates.

A lot of people stand by old issues with MySql, like missing features Ms Sql had, like Views, Triggers and Stored Procedures. But these have been added since MySQL 5 if I remember correctly.

The thing is, MySql is free. Easy to use and very efficient, which is why everyone uses it.

Also, if I am right I think Flickr and Wikipedia etc all use MySQL.

But i'm no database analyst....

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)