Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Paypal Button not working  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby PSPWebmaster » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:12 pm

I am having an issue with JEvents altering the code for my Paypal button. I have made all the suggested changed in Joomla and the code is working in all other aspects of my site. The only place it isn't working is within JEvents.

I have looked through the forum and can only find messages that are a few years old and don't really have any answers.
PSPWebmaster

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:25 pm

The code of JEvents should not have any impact on any Paypal buttons.

What problem are you having specifically?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby PSPWebmaster » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 pm

The form code that you get from Paypal is getting changed to a truncated version and then the button doesn't work on the site.

There are a number of fix around options for Joomla to do with the editor, email masking, etc. They have worked on everything but the events I have listed.

Our website is www.projectsweetpeas.com. You can see where the Paypal buttons are working here (http://projectsweetpeas.com/index.php/owens-miracle) on the right side. But not in the JEvents here (http://projectsweetpeas.com/index.php/c ... Itemid=129)

Hope that makes sense and that you might have an idea of how to fix this as we already have people trying to register.
PSPWebmaster

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm

you paypal form inside the event description is not complete the <form> tag doesn't include the paypal URL.

Did you enable raw HTML in event descriptions in the JEvents config? If not Joomla (not JEvents) normally strips out some HTML elements because of security risks
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby PSPWebmaster » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:32 pm

How do I enable the raw HTML in JEvents? The code had all the Paypal data in it and then edited it to the current view that you are seeing.

I've gotten it to work in every spot that has a donation button (and there are a lot) except in the JEvents.
PSPWebmaster

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:35 pm

jevnets config - event editing tab - allow unfiltered descripotinos
Geraint

Postby PSPWebmaster » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Woo Hoo That worked. Thank you so much!
PSPWebmaster

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)