Pre-Sales

Sharing Calendars

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby MikeSouthern » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 pm

I have a JEvents calendar on Site A that I wish to automatically update a JEvents calendar on Site B

I understand that I must create the Site B target calendar using an iCal URL but I cannot find the location of that iCal URL on the Site A source.

I am using the current free version of JEvents. Do I need to upgrade, and if so, to which package?
MikeSouthern

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Create an iCal export menu item on site A and use the url that generates for the import into site B
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby MikeSouthern » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks. That did import the calendar from A to B successfully.

Is there a way I can make that dynamic - so that changes made in Source A are reflected in Target B? Is there an RSS feed that I can use to populate Site B?
MikeSouthern

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Setup a crontab job - there are club member articles describing the process http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... -calendars and http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... -explation
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby MikeSouthern » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks for the pointers
MikeSouthern

Postby MikeSouthern » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 pm

The links are for Club Members only - I joined and have logged back in but I still can't see them.
MikeSouthern

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Go to the frontend of JEvents.net and logout there and login again from the Joomla part of the site - does it work now?
Geraint

Postby MikeSouthern » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Yup got it. Thanks.

Still having some difficulties with this. Before using the auto-refresh I'm just using the manual refresh on Site B target having made an event addition on source Site A. The manual refresh doesn't work - the new date doesn't appear. I'm pretty sure I'm making a config mistake error somewhere ...
MikeSouthern

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:02 am

Check the site B cache settings.

Also when you do the manual import does it tell you now many events it imported?
Geraint

Postby MikeSouthern » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Only cache I can see is Use Joomla Cache which is set to no.

As it imports the iCal data a screen flashes up showing the date entries. I can see the added date in the list so I know it's being retreived. It's just not displaying. The category is the same as other dates that are being displayed. I'll try again with an additional date.
MikeSouthern

Next

Return to Pre-Sales