Pre-Sales

Save/Close button location

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby PittCaleb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Please see the following 30-second video for full details

http://screencast.com/t/ipv3y8dqcq

Issue 1 - the Save/Close button are at the top of the Joomla section

Issue 2 - The location of the confirmation message to the user is at the very top of the page rather than in-line on the Joomla page

Any easy fix to either of these issues? I'm good with PHP, point to what I need to do, I can probably fix this myself.

PittCaleb
PittCaleb

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 am

1. There is a club article that shows how to duplicate the save/cancel buttons at the bottom of the event editing page using a specially constructed template override - http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... nt-editing

2. the confirmation message is a Joomla system message - its position is determined by
Code: Select all
<jdoc:include type="message" />

in your template's index.php file
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby PittCaleb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks for your reply.

1 - the save/cancel button is behind a paywall, so i can not show my management that this works without first paying. Don't know an end-around there to access that code help.

2 - Sadly, there is no jdoc - message in any files in my template. I see it in other installed templates. Adding it for testing does not appear to do anything unfortunately. Will have to do more testing. Any ability to change what section it pops into easily?

Thanks,
PittCaleb
PittCaleb

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:13 pm

PittCaleb wrote:2 - Sadly, there is no jdoc - message in any files in my template. I see it in other installed templates. Adding it for testing does not appear to do anything unfortunately. Will have to do more testing. Any ability to change what section it pops into easily?

Just add it where you want the messages to appear.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby PittCaleb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm

I am able to add it to my template's index.php file. But it always appears at the top of the page, even when put inside of another div section.

The resultant code is
Code: Select all
<div id="system-message-container">
<dl id="system-message">
<dt class="message">Message</dt>
<dd class="message message">
   <ul>
      <li>Your event has been saved and is under review</li>
   </ul>
</dd>
</dl>
</div>

I'm thinking the div class is defined to a location somewhere else. Unfortunately, I don't see system-message-container defined anywhere, and system-message doesn't appear to be giving a hard location. Investigating further...

PittCaleb
PittCaleb

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 pm

You need to use CSS to style and position the message.

This should be part of any template developed for Joomla - if it was excluded you should ask the template supplier to resolve this for you since they gave you an incomplete template.
Geraint

Return to Pre-Sales