Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

mod_jevents_cal - next/prev month & year links  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby nicodemus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Joomla : 2.5.9
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
plugin_editors_jce : 2.3.1
PHP 5.3.10
MySQL 5.5.30
Browsers : Firefox 18.0.2 and IE9
No extra Joomla extensions which rewrite urls or render output (e.g. nonumber ReReplacer).
With Joomla native SEF on or off (including renaming .htaccess to turn off re-writing) makes no difference.
php.ini memory_limit set to 256Meg

The events mini-calendar is embedded in an article 4 times (4 different copies of the module) with loadposition. Next or Previous year or month when enabled as links in the module Basic Options all briefly display the appropriate content when clicked then jump immediately to the print version of the page, PNG screen shot file attached, scroll down image for a bit of Firebug.
Same occurs even if I go back to 1 single module loadpositioned in the article and unpublish the other 3 module copies.
I'm struggling to fault find this - it momentarily shows the right content then forms a URL like:-
http://mytestwebsitename/booking/index. ... &catids=21
Module ID is 118.
Only JEvents category in that particular module is 21.
March is next month...
Baffled :(
Any suggestions on how to progress this welcomed...
Nick

P.S. I did have some template overides but renamed the directories for com and mod in templates/templatename/html to turn them off with no change to that behaviour noted above.
Attachments
fof_jevents_mod_next_yr_prob.PNG
fof_jevents_mod_next_yr_prob.PNG (78.3 KiB) Viewed 559 times
nicodemus

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 am

We load the adjacent calendar months in the mini-calendar using a hidden iFrame element. The new module is loaded in the background and then replaces the parent module content.

It sounds as though there is an addon on your site (or a setting in your template) that is forcing the iframe content top reload itself in the main window instead of executing the script to replace the module content only.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby nicodemus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:26 pm

That makes sense :) I'll investigate further now I've got an idea where to look. See if I get anything up in the Firebug console. It's an Artisteer V4 template I designed and the only A v4 templated J2.5 site I've got with JEvents on...

Many thanks Geraint, much appreciated. I'll post back any results and findings, might be usefull to others...
Cheers
Nick
nicodemus

Postby nicodemus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Cracked it :)
Plugin called System - Anti-Copy used to prevent right click on images was set to also prevent framing... Sorted!
Thanks again Geraint.
Cheers
Nick
nicodemus

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)