Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Events did´nt follow the migration  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby gzip » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:06 am

Update -- the first time I ran the update I was not able to save new events - but at least that is working after attempt #2. I'm going to examine the db for clues and will post here if figure it out - otherwise making a pot of coffee and importing the slow way. Thx
gzip

Postby gzip » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:39 am

Figured it out. The category id in the j25_jevents_vevevent table did not match the category id for the event in j25_jevents_catmap. for example, event 504 is category 309, but the catmap lists it as category 101, which does not exist. I can update all catmap catid 101 to 309, the same for the other categories, and voila!
gzip

Postby gzip » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:59 am

For the uninitiated, you can run a SQL query in phpmyadmin like so:
UPDATE `j25_jevents_catmap` SET `catid` = '310' WHERE `j25_jevents_catmap`.`catid` =102
(your own category ids will be different)
gzip

Postby elfuso » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:04 pm

I solved my problem:
In the j25_categories table of the database on my localhost I found entries with the extension com_jevents which I could not find on my "life-server". After having exported and imported these entries and very important: having deleted the category "default" in the backend of the component on the "life-server" the events now are to be seen in ical eventlist and everything is good!!!

@carcam: I could not transfer the whole database, because it was too big (more than 2 MB) and my host didn´t allow to transfer databases greater than 2 MB.
elfuso

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)