Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

404 error on redirect

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby webathome » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.9
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 3.0.7
module_mod_jevents_filter : 3.0.7
module_mod_jevents_latest : 3.0.7
module_mod_jevents_legend : 3.0.7
module_mod_jevents_switchview : 3.0.7
module_mod_tabbedmodules : 1.0.2
layout_extplus : 2.5.7
layout_iconic : 2.5.6
layout_ruthin : 2.5.6
layout_smartphone : 1.0.5
plugin_editors-xtd_jevents : 1.0.0
plugin_editors_jce : 2.3.1
plugin_finder_jevents : 3.0.7
plugin_jevents_jevanonuser : 1.4.4
plugin_jevents_jevfacebook : 1.3.6
plugin_jevents_jevpopupdetail : 1.1.0
plugin_search_eventsearch : 3.0.7
plugin_system_jcemediabox : 1.1.6

I tried to upgrade to JEvents 3.0 the other day and it broke all my layouts. The event popup didn't work, the smartphone version didn't work, etc. So I reverted back to 2.2.8.
Now when someone submits an event from the front end, it redirects to an error page. Here's what it's trying to load:
http://www.fredericksburgparent.net/calendar/add-an-event/eventsbyday/2013/2/18/-

I'm not sure where it's getting that URL, as my sh404SEF doesn't have that anywhere as an alias. It looks like it's taking my menu item (calendar/add-an-event) and sticking it into the URL. But even when I take that out, it clearly doesn't work. There's another URL that tries to load when you click the SAVE button on the form, but it happens too fast for me to capture it to see why it's redirecting to the URL above.
Can someone please help me figure it out? Our readers are submitting events over and over because they are getting error messages.
Thanks
Karen
webathome
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:24 am

Can you please disable sh404SEF, add an event and post here the URL you are redirected to? After that you may enable sh404SEF again.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby webathome » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:53 am

webathome
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:08 am

It seems a problem with the ItemId.

If you get rid of that part of the URL you will be correctly redirected.

I do not understand why that URL is being converted to SEF. Can you please check that sh404SEF is not managing that URL?

Also, can you please check the redirect table in the database to see if that URL is defined. Some sh404SEF versions hides some URLs that are present in that table and shows this behaviour.

Also purging URLs of sh404SEF might help, but be aware that you may loose some redirections created by hand.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby webathome » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:52 am

That particular URL is not listed in sh404SEF anywhere.
I have an alias for calendar/submit-an-event and calendar/submit-a-calendar-event that are for index.php?option=com_jevents&view=icalevent&layout=edit&Itemid=491

So that itemid is appending itself to the end of the URL after an event is submitted. I can't explain why it's further redirecting itself to day-by-day, as that doesn't appear anywhere.

I have attached a screenshot of the Titles manager in sh404SEF, as there are rows and rows of similar URLs. I didn't create any of them using the titles and meta manager. As you can see, there are ones for every day. I haven't created titles in months.
Attachments
title-manager.jpg
title-manager.jpg (87.2 KiB) Viewed 839 times
webathome
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

I have an alias for calendar/submit-an-event and calendar/submit-a-calendar-event that are for index.php?option=com_jevents&view=icalevent&layout=edit&Itemid=491

Actually that's the problem. Can you please get rid fo that alias?

So that itemid is appending itself to the end of the URL after an event is submitted. I can't explain why it's further redirecting itself to day-by-day, as that doesn't appear anywhere.

The itemid is being added because you are under the "add calendar" menu item. The problem is not that it's there, the problem is that joomla or sh404SEF is not understanding correctly that it should not create a SEF URL for that link.
carcam
Team Staff

Postby webathome » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Didn't work. I deleted those 2 aliases (which were actually just redirects from old links to an older form), I cleared the Joomla cache, made sure there were no URL's with the word "calendar" in them, cleared the cache in my browser, and I got the same result.
webathome
Silver Members

Postby webathome » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:22 pm

I just went through the MySQL database tables and deleted every single reference to calendar, list.events, etc. Cleared the Joomla cache again. No dice.
webathome
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:29 pm

What is menu item 491?

Does sh404sef have some special settings for POSTed form URLs?

another thought - when editing an event can you view the web page source and then search for the opening <form> element and see that the target URL is?

Is it SEFfed? What does the URL look like?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby webathome » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Interesting - I viewed the source code of the page and here's what was in there:
<form action="/index.php?option=com_jevents&amp;view=icalevent&amp;layout=edit&amp;Itemid=491" method="post">

Item 491 is my actual menu item for the add event feature. (screenshot attached)

I searched through the sh404SEF configuration and didn't see anything for FORM posts.
Attachments
menu-items.jpg
menu-items.jpg (76.23 KiB) Viewed 836 times
webathome
Silver Members

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)