JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

JEvents 3.x is still a test version?

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby lukas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:32 pm

On the download page contains information that JEvents 3.x is a release candidate:

Final release candidate version of JEvents 3.0 for Joomla 3.0/2.5 - this is a combined installer that installs the core JEvents component, modules and plugins. Please provide feeback and ask any questions in the special forum.

but in the changelog:

v. 3.0.0 Stable - event editing date format options javascript parsing error fixed, use Joomla 3.0 side panel, stop transparent tool tips in Joomla 3.0 frontend, modified query for Falang support, ensure super users can see 'guest only' events in the backend of Joomla 3.0, enable CSV import parsing without using temporary files
v. 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2 - add config option to set date format when editing events, event editing in Joomla 3.0 now users Bootstrap

Forum department name is still: "JEvents 3.0 Testing"

I do not get any notification of the new version.

Questions:
1. Is it safe, and it is recommended to update to version 3.x JEvents this point?
2. Do JEvents 3.x is stable (no testing/beta/release candidate)?

Thank you in advance :)

PS: I still use Joomla 2.5.x.
lukas

Postby Tonyp » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Hello,

Sorry we have been sooo busy developing 3.0 and updating all the plugins/modules we haven't had time to update all of the site.

JEvents 3.x is now classed as Stable yes. If you do experience any issues just let us know and we will try and resolve them as quickly as possible :).

Many thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby lukas » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Thanks for your reply :)

Is it worth it now to update JEvents version 3.x, or maybe have to wait? Will upgrading from a previous branch is safe?

I am currently using Joomla 2.5.x.
lukas

Postby Tonyp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello,

It's up to you. We have made some good improvements with SEF and performance with 3.x.

Yes it is completely safe, just install the 3.x package via the Joomla! Installer and it will auto install several modules/plugins to :).

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby lukas » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:44 pm

lukas

Postby Tonyp » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:31 am

You are more than welcome!

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)