Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Changing 'date' colours

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby elenore » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am

I apologise in advance is this has neen asked before. I did search the forum using different search criteria, but was unable to find the answer I need.

I am using the Jevents free version
-----
Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.9
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
module_mod_jevents_switchview : 1.5.5 b1770
plugin_editors_jce : 2.3.1

------
and the component looks just fine. However, I have a slight problem with the module. The site that the calendar is going on has a dark background and this makes seeing the calendar dates impossible, as they are black. The mouseover colour is white which is fine. So, is there a way that I can change the colour of the date numbers just in the module ???

Elenore
elenore

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 am

Hi Elenore,
the easiest way of doing this is inspecting your module with Firebug, and adding the required overriding rules to your template css.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby elenore » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:56 am

thankyou carcam. unfortunately, I do not use firefox / firebug so, I hope that there is another way.
elenore

Postby Tonyp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:04 am

Then use Google Chrome and Developer Tools. Unfortunately your sites theme will be controlling this so you need to do some inspection and apply an override.

We do look at websites and provide the necessary tweaks for our Club Members.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby elenore » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Thankyou to those who made suggestions. I tried Chrome first, installed the tools but was unable to find any tools icon so I uninstalled chrome.

I downloaded Firefox, Installed FireBug and found the area to edit in a deeply buried CSS file "modstyle.css" and now, the calendar module looks perfect. Thankyou all again

Elenore
elenore

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi Elenore,
that's great!!

Anyway, it will be much better to add your changes to the custom.css or template.css of your template, as the changes in the modstyle.css file will be overwritten on each update of the component.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)