Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

CCK Linkage with SobiPro

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby powerpub » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Can someone plese explain how the CCK Linkage works with SobiPro? I can't find any detailed information about this on the site? Thanx
powerpub
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:19 am

From the descrition of the CCK linkage plugin (description is only available for Club members):

Allows you to create linkage in event detail to CCK entries (number specified in the plugin parameters).
Supports: K2, SobiPro, EasyBlog.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:07 am

When editing an event you get to select one or more SOBI Pro listing which will then appear as links in your events.

There is also a content plugin that (if Sobi calls these plugins) can link back to the event.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby leven » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:20 am

Hi Geraint,

There is also a content plugin that (if Sobi calls these plugins) can link back to the event.

I was wondering if you can tell me a bit about this plugin. What we need to accomplish is to display events associated (if any) with the SobiPro entry in the latter's details view (within Sobipro). Can this be done at the moment?

I assume that this plugin you refer to is not the same as your generic CCK plugin (for K2, Sobipro, etc). Is this correct? If so where/what is this plugin?

Thanks for your time.
Regards,
leven
leven

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:19 am

We have a plugin that allows you to link your SobiPro listing with an event - so that from the event detail page you can link directly to the SobiPro listing.

For Sobi2 we have a plugin that allows you to list the upcoming events associated with a listing within the listing entry. We haven't implemented this for SobiPro yet becuase there hasn't been much demand and also the coding of SobiPro is completely different to normal Joomla components which make this very difficult to implement.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby leven » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:41 am

HI Geraint,

Thanks for your quick reply. Ok so the quoted text refers to a Sobi2 plugin then.

Yes the Sobipro code is fundamentally different from Joomla (+Sobi2).

leven
leven

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Since my earlier post I have found a mechanism to push the associated upcoming event summary into the listing detail template via a special content plugin. As soon as a silver/gold member of the club requests this functionality I will finish the implementation (not next week though for personal reasons).
Geraint

Postby leven » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi Geraint,

Just to make sure I don't misunderstand: By "listing detail template" you mean the SobiPro one right?

If so, I am pretty confident it won't be too long before you get such a request ;)

Thank you,
Kostas
leven

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Correct.

The process/usage pattern is:
0. configure SobiPro to parse template output and include the appropriate code in the SobuPro entry detail.xsl file
1. Edit and event and select a SobiPro listing to link to the event
2. View the listing detail page and see a list of the upcoming events assocated with the listing.
Geraint

Postby Quartermaster » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Hey Geraint,
Kostas and Tony (Partridge) are working on our SOBI directory, so if you can post the relevant tweaks/code and instructions for me to get JEvents working properly with SOBI, that would be GREAT!

Let me know if you can e-mail that or put it in the Silver downloads area. I do have access to the CCK download already.

Thanks,
SCOT
Quartermaster
Gold Members

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)