JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Download link for 1.5.6?  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby nigelss » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:17 pm

I know that this version is not supported but I'm trying to build a clean version of my current Joomla 1.5.26 system to upgrade to Joomla 2.5. I cannot find a download link for JEvents 1.5.6 even though there are several places on this website which mention it and give the impression it can still be downloaded. Please could you provide the link to it.

I know that JEvents 1.5.4 had a security issue. Are there any known issues with 1.5.6 I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Nigel
nigelss

Postby nigelss » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Sorry - my mistake, I found the links at the bottom of the download page. I got thrown by them not immediately following the word "here"!!

Would still appreciate an answer to the security issue question.

Thanks,
Nigel

(just off to get a new brain...)
nigelss

Postby Tonyp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Hello,

Glad you were able to find it.

There are no known security issues with 1.5.6 but you can install 2.2.8 which will work in Joomla 1.5 with the Mootools upgrade plugin enabled :).

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby nigelss » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks for the rapid response. I was aware I could install 2.2.8 but I'm trying to recreate the current system from scratch as a clean Joomla 1.5.26 baseline. I will update Jevents to 2.2.8 as part of the conversion to Joomla 2.5. Good to know that Jevents 1.5.6 is exploit-free as far as is known :-)

Thanks again,
Nigel
nigelss

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)