Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Trouble with the update with the calendar

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby CS5 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Hello everyone,

my corporate site is currently having calendar difficulties following the update.

I have the Joomla version 1.5.15 and I have downloaded the lastest Joomla version.
I have downloaded the language override, enabled it.
I have downloaded the mootools upgrade plugin and enabled it.

SO on my webpage the jevents calendar appears, but if I try to click on one of the day I have this message :
Accueil

Warning: require_once(/home/marcado/public_html/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/marcado/public_html/components/com_jevents/views/default/helpers/defaultviewhelperheader.php on line 111

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/marcado/public_html/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/marcado/public_html/components/com_jevents/views/default/helpers/defaultviewhelperheader.php on line 111
Calendrier

What do I do to resolve this issue ?

Thank you in advance for your much needed help !
CS5

Postby CS5 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Sorry, I have downloaded the latest Jevents version. The Joomla version is still 1.5.15.

thank you
CS5

Postby carcam » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 am

Your Joomla! version is extremely old (and insecure by the way). Actually the problem is that JEvents 2.2.8 is not compatible with Joomla! versions lower than 1.5.23 so you need to upgrade your Joomla! installation or JEvents will not work in your site.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby CS5 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Ok, I'll try that, but dont Joomla updates can disrupt the website ? I tried to make a copy of the website to try the update first, but we don't have any ftp identification. Is it normal ?
I didn't do the website, a company did it for a previous owner a long time ago so I m trying to catch up on what has been done or not ...
CS5

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 am

Hello,

It all depends how the website was done. If it was done correctly no, it should not cause any problems. If its not done properly then yes it can.

It's always a good idea for a backup.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby CS5 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Well I contacted my website creator. He says that you have to redo the site completely in order to do the update to joomla 2.2. Is it believable ?

but he says that to update to 1.5.26 it should be okay, but I havent my ftp ID yet. Still trying to obtain it but my server host can send it at a old adress that is no longer active (Not an easy situation then)

DO you know if I can update my website to at least 1.5.26 without Ftp ?

Thank you for your big help !
CS5

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Hello,

You can update your website with a tool called Akeeba Admin Tools.

But always take a backup.

Your web developer is correct Joomla 2.5 is a migration not an update.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby carcam » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 am

Anyway, although upgrading to 1.5.26 will solve your issue, you will still face the problem of working with a potential insecure site as since september 2012, no updates are done to Joomla! 1.5 branch.

Also you will find that most extensions will not be compatible with 1.5 in a short period of time and extending your site will be difficult then.

Also, before upgrading the site to 1.5, it's really advisable to take a backup of the site and restore it another place (a local server or so) and upgrade it there first to see potential issues.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby CS5 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:24 pm

Thank you so much for all of your help.

I know I'll have to do the update but since I have no experience in website design I have to do business with a company, and we dont have the funds yet to do a website.

The back up I have done it with cloner x3. normally it should be okay. I have yet to be in control of my hosting and server which I have yet to do.

Thank you anyway, i will keep you updated of how it goes.
CS5

Postby BeaN » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:31 am

carcam wrote:Anyway, although upgrading to 1.5.26 will solve your issue, you will still face the problem of working with a potential insecure site as since september 2012, no updates are done to Joomla! 1.5 branch.

Also you will find that most extensions will not be compatible with 1.5 in a short period of time and extending your site will be difficult then.

Also, before upgrading the site to 1.5, it's really advisable to take a backup of the site and restore it another place (a local server or so) and upgrade it there first to see potential issues.

Hi
I m sorry if this sounds a foolish question but does this mean that if the whole website is still not updated from the 1.5 version it has to be rebuilt from scratch and cannot be updated ?
BeaN

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)