Pre-Sales

category view

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby heleneross » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 pm

I would like to link a menu item to a specific category view, so that this is the default when clicking on that menu.

Like the view I get when I tack on the category number to the url in the address bar eg. .../monthcalendar/2013/1/110

However I don't want to restrict the users to just this category and so selecting 'all categories' in the legend should let them see the other categories.

I can't find a way to achieve this - is it possible?

Helen
heleneross
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 am

Create a normal JEvents menu item with no category restrictions (maybe on a hidden menu) then create a new menu item which is an external URL adding the category restriction to the end of it e.g. http://www.jevents.net/demo/all-events-150?catids=94
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Pre-Sales