JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

JEvents Backend broken after initilal install  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby machric » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Hello!
After I did a clean install of JEvents on a "naked" J!2.5.8 installation, I got a wrong backend view when trying to configure JEvents (see picture attached): I loose all native Joomla! buttons, no styling, etc.

I already tried to remove and reinstall the package. Without changes.

Thanks
Christian
Attachments
jevents303_backend.png
backend view
jevents303_backend.png (90.11 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
machric
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Is this version 3.0.3 ?

Can you enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla config (server tab)? Any error messages?

thanks
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby machric » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello Geraint!
Yes I downloaded 3.0.3 just a couple of minutes ago and did an install in a new J!2.5.
I enabled error reporting. Then I got the familiar backend interface including a lot of errors. Can I upload this somehow (.txt / .log is not allowed) ?
After saving the config for the first time the backend is working now. I switched error reporting off. Backend still working but with some errors in the JEvents News. Hiding the JEvents news module "hides" the warnings too..

Regards
Christian
machric
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi Zchristian,

Please zip up the file?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby machric » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm

I could have thought of this myself... :?
Attachments
errors_jevents303.txt.zip
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
machric
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Christian

You should set your .htaccess or php.ini file to not show strict php errors.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby machric » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:14 am

it's ok for it's just a localhost install. But the initial problem was that I did not get any errors but lost the J! admin interface when entering JEvents the first time after installation.
I testet the initial install a minute ago with version 3.0.4. It worked without any problems.
thank you!
Chris
machric
Gold Members

Postby machric » Wed May 01, 2013 11:34 am

Hello!
I was updateing and testing JEvents 3.0.12 on the latest Joomla 2.5.11. I get the very same behavior (backend config broken) again. Jevents works as expected but when I try to access the config page it breakes.
Not sure what to do.

Thanks
Chris
machric
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Geraint wrote:Can you enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla config (server tab)? Any error messages?

thanks
Geraint

Postby machric » Mon May 06, 2013 9:11 am

sorry. the error vanished after I activated the error reporting. I could not reproduce the error since then.
Next time I'll try to report with the joomla! error messages.
Thanks
Chris
machric
Gold Members

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)