JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

500 SQL error on Layout Defaults in backend  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby showpresence » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:48 am

When I try to get to the Layout Defaults page in the back end, I get the following error:

500 SQL=SELECT def.*,l.title AS language_title FROM nwnrj_jev_defaults as def LEFT JOIN `nwnrj_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = def.language WHERE def.language = '*' AND def.name NOT like ("com_jevpeople%") AND def.name NOT like ("com_jevlocations%") ORDER BY def.title asc
showpresence
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:38 am

That is strange - this table is created during the installation process and it looks as through the install of the JEvents component didn't create this database table.

Was it a normal Joomla install using the Joomla 'manage extensions' menu item?

Can you confirm you are not using any addons that interfere with this e.g. the Akeeba extended installer?

Can you try reinstalling JEvents (unfortunately you will need to reapply the changes to the event editing screen)?

If you'd like me to take a look for you please send me login details via PM.

thanks
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ozwest » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm

I have just installed JEvents as well on Joomla 3 and I am experiencing the exact same problem.

I have Akeeba backup installed but just the very basic one.

Do you want us to install JEvents again over the existing installation or de-install it first?
ozwest
Gold Members

Postby showpresence » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Yes, I installed this normally through Joomla 3.0, and I do not have Akeeba or anything else installed. This is a pretty bare-bones site as far as that goes.

Reinstalling did not correct the issue. I'll send you credentials in PM, and will reapply the fix for the event editing after this is resolved.
showpresence
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 am

Can you confirm that this site was upgraded (probably from Joomla 1.5) using SP Upgrade?

This seems to be a flawed upgrade process as it leaves the database with what is called 'mixed collations' which is the cause of this problem.

I tried using Xplorer to implement a workaround on your server but it doesn't work.

You can either use the Akeeba Admin Tools and run the Fix Database tool or make the following change (which will be implemented in Joomla 3.0.3 out tomorrow).

Edit the file administrator/components/com_jevents/models/defaults.php and change line 30 from
Code: Select all
$query->join('LEFT', $db->quoteName('#__languages').' AS l ON l.lang_code = def.language');
to
Code: Select all
$query->join('LEFT', $db->quoteName('#__languages').' AS l ON BINARY l.lang_code = BINARY def.language');
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ozwest » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:21 pm

My Joomla 3.02 was an upgrade from Joomla 2.5.8. Would this then also apply to my case?
ozwest
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello,

It could be possible. Have you tried applying the above fix? It will be in our next release so it will not harm your system.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ozwest » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm

I have applied the supplied fix and it works now!

Thank you.
ozwest
Gold Members

Postby showpresence » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 am

My site was not upgraded, it was a fresh 3.0 install.
showpresence
Bronze Members

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)