Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Month view is blank.

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby mmponline » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Jcalendar worked fine but now suddenly the month view shows as blank. I've changed the menu item to show by week, and then it works fine.
If you then click on the Month Icon, it's blank again. Please assist. I've set the Error reporting on, but page still shows blank. JEvents version is 2.2.8 and Joomla version 2.5.8 PHP memory limit is memory_limit 128M

You can view the problem here. http://radiolaeveld.co.za/index.php/pro ... 13/01/16/-
Once you click the month icon, it goes blank.

Please assist.
mmponline

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:08 pm

It could still be the memory - you have a LOT of events per day. Most radio/TV station sites disable the month view for this reason.

As an alternative you should set a daily limit on the number of events to show per day in the month view.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mmponline » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Geraint

Thanks for your quick respons. I tried to set the show events to 10, even 2 and even 0. No luck Currently at 10.
Any ideas?

and how do one disable the month view?
mmponline

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Hello,

You can only remove month view from display. So remove View by Month from the icon navigation selection.

Also remove it from any menu items you have created.

Rather than removing it though. I would be more inclined to fix your issue.

Please enable Joomla! debug and Maximum Error Reporting in your Joomla! configuration and load the monthly view again. Do you get any errors?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mmponline » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 am

I got this error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /home/laeveld/domains/radiolaeveld.co.za/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 498

Seems like it the memory limit in php that needs to be set higher - Am I right?
mmponline

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:39 am

Hello,

Yes you are. But that is an awful lot of memory.

Can you enable debug mode and view weekly view, what's your memory usage / profile information.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mmponline » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:13 am

25.32 MB (26,552,928 Bytes) on week view
22.5 MB (23,597,912 Bytes) for day view.
mmponline

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:24 am

Do you know how many events you have in a month?

Do you have any JEvents plugins etc?

Regards
Tonyp

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mmponline » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:45 am

The total events are only 70 - Does not seem to be much.

No plugins.
I can provide temporary access if you want to check the back-end. Just not sure how to get it to you without publishing it here.
mmponline

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 am

Hello,

Try increasing it to 228mb and viewing monthly view with debug mode. What memory usage is it now?

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)