Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Access Bug??

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby xquest » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi!

I have strange issue in newest version of jevents:

I want to allow all registered users to make new events in category_1.
And I want to disallow all registered users to make new events in category_2.

I also have group let say "registered_2" which based on "registered" group.

Group "registered_2" should have access to make new entry in category_2 - but I can't figure how do this.

If registred is on "disallow" any registred'based group would be that same on allow.

If my user is in registered group and in manager group (manager group can add events) - he also can't add new events.

I tried many ways and it's won't work.
xquest

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Using the Joomla ACL (Jevents config ->permissions tab) - enable the creation of events for all the groups who should be allowed to do this.

then for the specific categories edit them and set the permission to denied for the categories which you want to block.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby xquest » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:12 pm

yes I did it like You say.
I did it in 2 ways:

In jevents>configuration>permission I set all things on default (Inherited) (1) - it sey it's disallowed,
but in categories I set all things to allowed, and everything is on green (allowed). But in fact this user can't add new event so it doesn't work.

The second way:
In jevents>configuration>permission I set all things on allowed and in category permission I set Registered to disallow and registered_2(based on registered) to allow.
In this way - everything is on red and blocked. So it doesn't work to. ;(
xquest

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 pm

You need to use the second approach - the first approach was too slow because of the way Joomla does its permission tests.

Are you logged in as a user group group registered_2 ?

Please upload a partial screenshot of the category permissions for registered_2 user group.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby xquest » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm

I will try to upload screens tomorrow, I can't to this today.

I thought jevents works like joomla:

When in global configuration You set permission as Inherited they works like disallowed but You can change them in child element to a alloved - and in this way joomla works also in 3RD party components. But here it's bugged (in category permission it's on green [alloved] but it doesn't work in fact)

I think jevent should work like joomla works.
xquest

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 am

We tried it that way around but needed to check the permissions on all the available categories before offering a 'create event' icon. Joomla does this in a really inefficient way and it was a significant performance hit so we chose to go the allow/disallow route
Geraint

Postby dehessijames » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 am

Hi Geraint!

I have the same problem, too.
2 categories

Category A => for all Registered Users
Category B => only for special Users (registered_special)

Usergroup "registered_special" is a child of registered.
"Registred" is allowed in jevents>configuration>permission to create new Events, but disallowed to create Events in Category B.

"registered_special" special ist allowed to create Events in Category B, but there is a conflict between the "disallow" of "registered" and the "allow" of "registered_special"

Is there a solution for this?

Regards
Hessi
dehessijames

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:04 am

Is the problem in setting the permission i.e. you are seeing a Joomla 'locked' or 'denied' option in the Category B permissions or is it during the actual event editing process?
Geraint

Postby dehessijames » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:10 am

It is is in the permissions.
Joomla says that there is a conflict because of the inheritance.
dehessijames

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:17 am

Please upload the relevant partial screenshots for the permissions for your registered and registered_special groups overall and category specific.
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)