JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Repeating event not working as expected  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby showpresence » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:32 am

I am trying to get a repeating event on the first Sunday of every month.

The By Day settings don't seem to "stick." Nothing visually changes to indicate what has been selected, and I can't seem to figure out how to get this setting to work.

Website is http://174.120.168.66/~houseofs

Screencast showing what I am talking about: http://screencast.com/t/6OcB4VFbg
showpresence
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 am

thanks for highlighting this - it appears that the Joomla bootstrap or Isis template javascript have changed since the first release of Joomla 3.0.

Please unzip and upload this file to
administrator/components/com_jevents/views/icalevent/tmplicalevent/edit_datetime.php and it should resolve the issue.

It will be in JEvents 3.0.3

Geraint
Attachments
edit_datetime.php.zip
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby showpresence » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Worked perfect - thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to make it not ugly... :)
showpresence
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:39 am

Yes - the layout is a bit strange in your editing screen.

For the frontend - did you try the 4 different built in layouts/themes or take a look at the club layouts http://www.jevents.net/products/club-layoutsthemes?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby showpresence » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Yes, Ext is the best so far, but none of them really look good in the detailed view. All of them are really built for a site with a light background, and changing the settings to dark background didn't change anything. I'll have to give a go at messing with the styling myself. This is a site for a non-profit, and as much as I'd like to see the other club themes, I can't really afford to pay an additional $60 just to see them.
showpresence
Bronze Members

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Hello,

You can completely modify the event detail view by editing:

JEvents -> Layout Defaults -> Event Detail.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby showpresence » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 am

Good to know. I can not currently get to layout defaults unfortunately, I only see an error. Am trying to resolve this on another thread.
showpresence
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 am

After applying the fix from the other thread you should be able to make this change.
Geraint

Postby showpresence » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Fixed, can see the layout defaults now. I see that I can move things around and change the fields, etc, that's a cool feature. Makes it easier than having to go into the layout files directly.

However, I am not seeing that I can make CSS changes here, such as changing the table to have a fill color so it is visible - correct? I am guessing I have to get into the CSS files to do this.

Might be a dumb question, but does JEvents have an override method so that CSS changes are not lost?
showpresence
Bronze Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello,

The easiest way is to add them to your template with an !important.

You can do css overrides but this duplicates the whole original file so you might not keep updates etc if we add features which require styling.

Once you have completed the css changes make a backup of the css file just incase for future.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)