Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Customizing Event Display Order

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby jdruce » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello,

In the monthly view of the calendar, is there a way to have events display in a specific order? The client has multiple events on a day, but wants to have the ability to set the order the events display in each date block.

For example, can it be set to display a certain category last in each block?

I would equate what I'm looking to do with altering the article order in Joomla's Article Manager.

Assigning times to each event would solve this, but 99% of the time, they are all day events and no time is required, and would cause some confusion.

JEvents 2.2.8, Joomla 2.5.8
jdruce

Postby carcam » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:47 am

You should be able to do it with a template overrides of the monthly view. This article might be of help:

http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... jevents-15
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby jdruce » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Much appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't know how to write code, or even what edits would be needed to accomplish this. I can generally follow the theory of the coding, but would be lost when attempting the mechanics of applying/editing code. I understood the instructions in the link you suggested, but I would have no clue how to edit the copied file.

I was hoping there was something built into the component config that I missed.

Until I get another programmer in the fold (just lost mine), I'll keep searching forums, Google, etc.

If you, or anyone else, has instructions to designate a specific event category to appear last in the list of events for a particular day (I assume this would apply to daily, weekly, monthly calendar views), I can insert the code.

If there's a another forum post with this topic, please advise. If it's out there, I haven't stumbled upon the right search words.

Thanks Again!
jdruce

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)