Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

No backend access after installation 500 internal error  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 am

Sounds like it could be a php error in 5.3.20 ???

A few things to try:
1. Can you create a clone of the site that is working and then uninstall JEvents and reinstall on the clone
2. Create a completely fresh install of Joomla with nothing else install and install JEvents there
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sju10544 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 am

Hi all,

thanks again for helping me in this matter. Yes Geraint, I also thought about a generell php problem of the 5.3.20 version. But the same version works on my "mirror" site without any problems (also with JEvents). So that the issue might be not the php version of the server. I can try to uninstall / re-install JEvents here. I check the vhost configs of the two domains at the moment. Maybe I can find here some differences....
sju10544

Postby sju10544 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:33 am

Have uninstalled / installed latest version of JEvents on the mirror site and everything works perfect....

Have checked all the responsible config files of the different vhosts and they are just the same (except of the domain name of course :.-) ).

Also noticed, that I can't update any software over the "Extensions Update" feature (gives me a "copy failed - return to control center error").
Obviously this has something to do with the "cannot install a new JEvents version effect".
After that I checked also the files and folders permissions in Joomla.

Nothing helps. No more ideas what to do...
sju10544

Postby carcam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:39 am

Are you working with a regular vHosts installation or are you using exotic configuration like SSL vHosts by server name or similar?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby sju10544 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 am

It's a regular vHosts installation over a PLESK CPanel without any SSL things.
sju10544

Postby sju10544 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:44 am

After digging hours of hours, I could find and entry in an error.log:

Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.developmentscout.com/adminis ... arams.edit

This comes after I clicked on SAVE and CLOSE a configuration file or call JEvents from the backend menu.

Any thoughts?
sju10544

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm

that is an error message from Apache and not from php.

Are you sure you have enabled maximum error reporting in the Joomla config - you could check using the Joomla system information menu item and then look at the php info
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sju10544 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Hmmm.. it's obviously not so easy to give the server the right error level, because as I mentioned, I work with a Plesk panel. So therefore I have to adjust the error level for every domain. At the moment the error level is 6143 (whereas E_ALL (excluding the deprecated levels) would be set this way:
php_value error_reporting 6143, see also here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=259634).

When I try to set the error reporting level in the Joomla backend to "Maximum" (or whatever <> "Standard"), I got an error message after clicking on "Save": Content-Encoding-Fehler.... :?

I know, it's very strange!
sju10544

Postby sju10544 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Got it! But can't believe it!!!
There error was so simple: when you install a new version of JEvents, then comes the configuration mask at first. This works so far.
But the default value of "JEvents Project News" is YES. When you try then to save this configuration, a 500 error occurs. After setting this parameter to NO, everything works fine.....
So I'd suggest to set standard value to "NO" in order to prevent similiar frustration....
sju10544

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 am

Saving these parameters should not cause this problem unless it clashes with some setting in your Suhosin php patch.

we've not come across this problem before.
Geraint

PreviousNext

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)