JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Difficulty with repeat exceptions

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby kellih » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 am

I was trying to create an exception to a repeating event, but when I selected the checkbox next to the event I wanted to delete and tried to delete it, I got an error message saying, "Please first make a selection from the list."

Next, I tried to unpublish the exception so it would at least not display on the calendar, but whenever I saved it, the status would revert to "Published."

Any fixes for this issue?
kellih

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 am

Hello,

What version of JEvents?

Can you click the round icon next to the event in the list view to unpublish it?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby kellih » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 pm

I can click on the round "published" icon to unpublish the event...but that only works to unpublish every instance of the repeating event. There is no such option available to me when I click the repeat star icon and try to delete or unpublish one single instance of a repeating event. (For instance, if I normally have work hours on Monday, but want to make an exception for Martin Luther King Day.)

These are the specs for the version of JEvents we have:

Code: Select all
Joomla : 3.0.1
component_com_jevents : 3.0.2
module_mod_jevents_cal : 3.0.2
module_mod_jevents_filter : 3.0.2
module_mod_jevents_latest : 3.0.2
module_mod_jevents_legend : 3.0.2
module_mod_jevents_switchview : 3.0.2
plugin_editors_jce : 2.3.1
plugin_finder_jevents : 3.0.2
plugin_search_eventsearch : 3.0.2

3.0.2 has fixed a lot of bugs, but this one seems to still be an issue.
kellih

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:22 am

I just tested with Joomla 3.0.1 and JEvents 3.0.2 and I was able to delete a specific recurrance with no problems.

In the frontend login as an event deletor (i.e. you must have permission to delete the event) and navigate to the relevant repeat (Martin Luther King Day) and click the pencil icon and select 'delete this repeat'.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby kellih » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm trying to delete it from the back end. (I don't think it's set up to be able to log in from the front end.) I'm not seeing the pencil icon you're talking about. (Although maybe it's an issue with IE8 not displaying the icons correctly?)

I think I should have the permissions to delete the event. I gave myself all the permissions under the "Authorized Users" tab. Did I need to add additional permissions somewhere else?
kellih

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:28 am

There is a problem deleting specific repeats in Joomla 3.0 (which changed how the list items are selected for 'action'). This has been fixed on my development server and will be in version 3.0.3 out in abuot a week from now.

You can fix it in the meantime by changing line 48 of administrator/components/com_jevents/views/icalrepeat/overview.php from
<input type="checkbox" id="cb<?php echo $i;?>" name="cid[]" value="<?php echo $row->rp_id(); ?>" onclick="isChecked(this.checked);" />
to
<?php echo JHtml::_('grid.id', $i, $row->rp_id()); ?>
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)