Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Private calendar per user

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby nidcker » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a private calendar per registered user, were I can have events only for that user.

Thanks!!
nidcker

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello,

Yes it is using our user specific plugin and enabling private events then the user can select public or private.

This is available to Silvrr Club Members
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby nidcker » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me what is all components and/or plugins I need to install to have the functionality I'm asking for?

It's having something like this http://www.jevents.net/demo/major-events/month_calendar only for the users I want, and they will be different for each user.

Also, there's a way I can try it working on my site before buying the silver membership?

Thanks
nidcker

Postby Tonyp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:38 am

Hello,

So you want it to look like the normal JEvents calendar which you can download already.

But you want users only to be able to create private events? so no one else can see them correct?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby nidcker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:49 am

Hi,

The administrator is the only one that can create private events per user.

So when a user enter the private area, can see his own calendar with his own events. But he can´t modify anything.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
nidcker

Postby Tonyp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 am

Hello,

Yes this is definitely possible. With the User Specific events plugin and disabling event creation for users.

You need the silver subscription. If you find that within 30days it does not meet your needs, then we can offer a full refund.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby nidcker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:22 am

Nice, thanks for your quick answer.

I forgot to say I have Joomla 1.5. Is this still possible?

So I need to download the

- JEvents Calendar (this is free, right?) http://www.jevents.net/downloads/category/71-jevents-22
- User Specific events plugin (Silver subscription) http://www.jevents.net/downloads/catego ... fic-events

Something else?

Thanks a lot
nidcker

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 am

that is what you will need - you will need JEvents 2.2.8 since the JEvents 1.5 versions are no longer supported but JEvents 2.2.8 runs on Joomla 1.5
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)