JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Resizing issue.

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby wik007 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, an oversight, or just a feature that has not been introduced, but what it is about is the automatic resizing that Joomla! 3.0 has built into it.

When you load a site up with a smart phone (iPhone in my case) Joomla! automatically resizes the site to the display, unfortunately the JEvents Calendar does not do this and half of the calendar is cut off in the resizing process.

Is this a setting I have missed or might it be a future feature.
wik007

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Which Joomla template are you using and which JEvents layout?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby wik007 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:27 am

I would be using the Beez3 template and the layout would be the Ext layout.
wik007

Postby Geraint » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:01 am

Ext and other JEvents layout use a table to represent the month's event calendar. This can only be shrunk so far without the content of cells spilling out. In HTML/CSS tables can only be shrunk to a certain extent as a result.

The club layouts offer 2 ways around this:
1. You can represent month views of events as lists and not as calendar tables.
2. You can install the smartphone layout which will automatically be used on small screen devices.

See http://www.jevents.net/products/club-layoutsthemes for more information
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby webathome » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:48 pm

I have the smartphone layout enabled, but it doesn't "trigger" for tablets. Even when selecting list view for the monthly calendar vs. the table view, it runs under the right hand column.
Is there a way to force tablets to use the smartphone layout?
Thanks!
webathome
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Which Joomla template are you using?

What sort of device - android or IPad ??

Did you consider the iconic layout as an alternative - its now offers a responsive style layout config option which dynaimcally adjusts the display based on the space available
Geraint

Postby webathome » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Using an iPad. It happened with a user's computer as well - she must have had a very narrow screen. Using RocketTheme Cerulean.
Will I need to download an updated iconic layout? The one I have only gives me options to choose the specific width. My Joomla template is responsive, so that would be perfect if the calendar was as well.
webathome
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:02 pm

You will need the latest version of Iconic - 3.2.8

the smartphone layout is hard coded to recognise iphone and ipod but not ipad - so if your template doesn't load a 'mobile' version of itself it would stick to the normal output on an iPad.
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)