Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents 2.2.8 on Joomla 1.5.26  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ttoone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

I have followed all the instructions for the upgrade to v2.2.8, however, every time I try to manually update the events from a remote ical url is says this:

"bImporting events from ical file http://email.canyonsdistrict.org/owa/ca ... lendar.ics
I hope this is a URL!!"

The screen stays put on the page with that message.

This has worked flawlessly before, but since the upgrade to v2.2.8 it does not work anymore. I even uninstalled 2.2.8 and re-installed v1.5.6 and it worked without any issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
ttoone
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:28 am

Did you enable the Mootools upgrade plugin?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:12 am

Enable Joomla! Maximum Error Reporting and view the page again, you should now have a more detailed error which will help us to resolve you issue quickly.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ttoone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Geraint, I enabled the maximum error reporting. This is the report when I try manually updating the calendar:

bImporting events from ical file http://email.canyonsdistrict.org/owa/ca ... lendar.ics
I hope this is a URL!!

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTimeZone::__construct() [<a href='datetimezone.--construct'>datetimezone.--construct</a>]: Unknown or bad timezone (Mountain Standard Time)' in /Library/WebServer/schools/altaview/components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php:515 Stack trace: #0 /Library/WebServer/schools/altaview/components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php(515): DateTimeZone->__construct('Mountain Standa...') #1 /Library/WebServer/schools/altaview/components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php(692): iCalImport->unixTime('20120827T000000', 'Mountain Standa...') #2 /Library/WebServer/schools/altaview/components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php(279): iCalImport->handleDate('DTSTART;TZID=Mo...', '20120827T000000') #3 /Library/WebServer/schools/altaview/components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php(242): iCalImport->add_to_cal('VEVENT', 'DTSTART;TZID=Mo...', '20120827T000000', false) #4 /Library/WebServer/schools/altaview/components/com_jevents/libraries/helper.php(120): iCalImport->im in /Library/WebServer/schools/altaview/components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php on line 515
ttoone
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm

What version of PHP are you using?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ttoone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 pm

5.2.15. The server is currently running on Mac OC 10.5, and according to our tech it will be a painful upgrade. We have a new server that we will eventually move to with the latest PHP version, etc, but that may be awhile before we get everything in place.
ttoone
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Hello,

I suspect it might be causes by PHP that version is very old and upgrading php is not normally very hard. EasyApache is quite good.

http://php.net/archive/2010.php

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 am

You are importing from a windows server (at a guess) and Microsoft, in its wisdom, chooses not to use industry standard timezone names.

Find the method convertWindowsTzid in the file administrator/components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php and add this as a new exception

Code: Select all
$wtzdata["Mountain Standard Time"] = "America/Denver";

I'll include it for JEvents 3.0
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ttoone » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Geraint,

Thanks for your response. I don't see this file "iCalImport.php" in the directory you specified: "administrator/components/com_jevents/libraries"

However, I do see the file (iCalImport.php) inside the /components/com_jevents/libraries, but it appears the following line of code is already in there.

Code: Select all
$wtzdata["Mountain Standard Time"] = "America/Denver";
ttoone
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 am

Are you sure that version of the file is on your server too and not just your local pc?
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)