Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Loading from admin

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby lda » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 pm

The JEvents frontend is loading images from the backend located at /administrator/components/com_jevents/assets. This means the frontend breaks if /administrator is secured using HTTP Authentication.

To fix this, the assets should be moved into the frontend media folder.

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.9.1
plugin_system_jcemediabox : 1.1.5
lda

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately JEvents requires more files from the backend to avoid duplication, this is the way many components need to function in Joomla.

Please see:

http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... -interface

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby lda » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 am

Sorry but I disagree on that. I'm extension developer on my own and exactly for this kind of files is the media folder. It's one place where admin and frontend can access those assets and images. The most extensions use the media folder. JEvents is the very first which had this issue.

Btw. This issue is not only related to frontend editing of events. It also crops up when the iCal export is enabled, because the export icon is loaded from the backend.
lda

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)