Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Is there any search module?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby mommek » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello,
I try enable jevents search plugin, but after that, my site is down. I look into mysql workbench and there was some query in loop. I must kill this, disable plugin and after my site work OK, but without jevents searching.

It there any module or new plugin for search, that would be working?

Thanks for any reply.
mommek

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Hello,

What version of JEvents? what version of the plugin?

Forum rules
When requesting support, please copy and paste the 'Version information for Support Forum' from the JEvents Control Panel into your post. If you cannot see this, please enable JEvents project news within it's configuration. Also, if you get a 500 Error, Enable Joomla! Maximum Error Reporting and view the page again, you should now have a more detailed error which will help us to resolve you issue quickly.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mommek » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 am

so sorry... my bad.

JEvents v2.2.0 rc4
Joomla 2.5.7
Plugin 2.2.0
mommek

Postby Tonyp » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 am

You are on a RC which is Release Candidate can you upgrade to JEvents 2.2.8 and for a search module you can use our filter module.

Regard
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mommek » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks, that works. But jevents filter is not exactly, what I need.
- every time I must delete search word from input to show all events
- I have 3 kalendars, 3 menu items for that. Filter work only for current page
- Its filter only for events. I need search input where I can find articles and events too. :-(
mommek

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 am

Use the normal Joomla search module and make sure you install and enable the JEvents search or finder plugin
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mommek » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:35 am

I use normal joomla search module and I install jevents plugin search 2.2.0 and enable it. When I enable it and search somethink, mysql is down. Site is down. Some sql select was in loop.
mommek

Postby mommek » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

I try search finder, but without any results.

I enable again jevents search plugin and again my site down.
see attachment.
Attachments
db.png
query in while
db.png (7.03 KiB) Viewed 330 times
mommek

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 am

We don't use any database stored procedures in JEvents and so don't create any 'loops'.

It could be that your server doesn't allocate enough processing time to the database?

You could try JEvents 3.0 - we have further optimised some of the database queries there.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)