JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.
First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.
We need the following at least:
* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version
Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.
Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.
I have recently started administering a website that still uses JEvents 1.5.0 alpha2. I have tried to migrate to 1.5.6 but following issues occur:
1. The component does not upgrade but is installed next to the old one (new:JEvents, old:Events)
2. The events are visible in the new component but are not edible ("Sorry - This item may have been updated while you have been viewing the webpage. Please try again" error while trying to edit in backend). Categories are not visible, only default one.
3. Using Latest Events module results in empty page on the website (fatal?)
So my question is how to prepare data for migration to 1.5.6? There are a lot of events entered in the old component, so I really do not want to lose them after uninstalling 1.5.0 alpha2.
Are there any other solutions?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm
Firstly what version of Joomla! are you on?
Does 1.5.0 alpha allow exporting events? if it does you should be able to create a menu item Jevents Export?
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.
- Team Staff
- Posts: 23795
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:12 pm
- Location: Isle of Man
Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)