JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Problems with Module "Latest Events" and language  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby steinmedien » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Hello,

I'm creating a website with Joomla 3.0 and JEvents 3.0. I have the following problems:

- Module "Latest Events": The module on the site doesn't change in any way when I change some settings in the component configuration (components -> JEvents -> configuration -> Latest Events). The module also doesn't show the module-title although the module settings are set correctly.
- The website is multilanguage, main language is german, but I've found JEvents 3.0 only in English. Are there some translations available or is there a guide to translate JEvents correctls. My last try was not successfully...

Without these two points JEvents is useless for me, but I want to use it, because it is a very good component. Maybe someone could help me.

Greetings
steinmedien
steinmedien

Postby Geraint » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:14 am

See http://www.jevents.net/downloads/catego ... anslations

Also set the 'use settings below' option in the module parameters
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby steinmedien » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:55 am

Hello Geraint,

thank you for your answer.

I haven't seen the module-paramters, because there is a big white space between "select categories" and "lock category filter" and so I didn't scroll. But now I found it, thanks.

The problem with the module title is still there.

The language-problem is also solved, thanks. For my last try I used an older language-file...
steinmedien

Postby Geraint » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:57 am

In joomla ths display of the module title is controlled by Joomla or the template and not the module itself.

In general if the module content is empty there is no title.

If that isn't the cause check your template its possible that in certain positions that the titles are not shown
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)