JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

SQL Import

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby nobicycle » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 am

Hi,
Sorry for posting this pre-sales question here. However I am testing 3.0 beta2.

I have noticed several users have posted requesting documentation to describe insertion of events into the database via SQL. Though it could be reverse engineered and I am half-way through that, it is hard work compared to having the documentation available on 4 tables (possibly 5)
jevents_vevent
jevents_vevdetail
jevents_rrule
jevents_repetition

This would open up jevents to be used in more dynamic situations, that I require.

Suggestions of indirectly doing this via ical format, csv format or Google calendar are all of course indirect and not conveinient at all
Best wishes
nobicycle

Postby Geraint » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:17 am

For most people CSV/iCal import provides enough capability/flexibility but I guess if you're importing from an existing database/another calendar it may not be the best way to go. If your existing source has an iCal export facility then you can maintain a dynamic import by creating a synchronised iCal import into JEvents from an external URL and keep it updated using an cronjob.

You need to consider the jevents_exceptions table too and also the linkage to the main Joomla categories table and possibly the jevents_catmap table if your events are mulit-category.

As a result you'll see there is a lot to consider in terms of direct database injection.

Another way to go is to interact with the JEvents code you can get ideas on how to do this in the iCalImport.php and saveIcalEvent.php files.

I can provide some more technical advice to silver+ members in the club member forum.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby stingray » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Hey nobicyle,

I have the same problem and stumbled over your post. Have you figured out yet how to do the direct import via SQL?

If you could provide any help, that would great. I started reverse reverse engineering, but it's quite a pain.

I already accomplished to insert the data in the tables
#__jevents_vevent
#__jevents_repetition
#__jevents_rrule
#__jevents_vevdetail

but that is not sufficient.

Thank you
stingray

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)