JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Mini-calendar specific hyperlink

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Looks as though your server is unable to create this database table from PHP can you run this query from phpmyadmin to create it manually

Code: Select all
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS j17_jev_users (
   id int( 11 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
   user_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
   published tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',

canuploadimages tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
   canuploadmovies tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',

cancreate tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
   canedit tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',

canpublishown tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
   candeleteown tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',

canpublishall tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
   candeleteall tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',

cancreateown tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
   cancreateglobal tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
   eventslimit int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
   extraslimit int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

categories varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   calendars varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

created datetime  NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',   

PRIMARY KEY ( id ),
   KEY user (user_id  )
) ENGINE=MyISAM
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby andrechapleau » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 am

Well... My php and MySQL knowledge is quite limited, to say the least.

I never did a query in phpMyAdmin. So I'm a little lost here.

I guess I have to select my Joomla database and click on "Query"... After that, I need to select a column... Which one? Do I have to fill the criteria field? Do I select all the tables? After that, I suppose I just paste your query in the field and click on "Submit Query"... Is that it?

Just need to be sure. This is all new to me.

Thanks.
andrechapleau

Postby carcam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:51 am

Just choose you Joomla! Database and you may see a button called "SQL" click on it and a textbox where you can introduce the query will appear. Introduce your query there and click "Continue".
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby nicolsaaa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 am

Just choose you Joomla! Database and you may see a button called "SQL" click on it and a textbox where you can introduce the query will appear. Introduce your query there and click "Continue".

i didnot find it sir where it is???
nicolsaaa

Postby Geraint » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 am

unzip and upload this file to administrator/components/com_jevents/controllers/ then open this URL on your site (changing the domain of course)

http://WWW.YOURDOMAIN.COM/administrator/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=config.dbsetup

I changed the query that creates this table slightly so it should now work on your server
Attachments
config.php.zip
(6.78 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby andrechapleau » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks Geraint! The database in now set. That's great!

The only problem I have now is the overide thing... Is there a reason why it won't work like it did in Joomla 1.5?

Is there something different I have to do?

Thanks again,

André
andrechapleau

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:13 am

Template layout overrides have not changed JEvents - what problems are you having?
Geraint

Postby andrechapleau » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Well, it's the same problem that a posted here last year. I had to do an overdide to bypass the hyperlink of the mini-calendar module (an link to a specific page). After your indications (see first entries of that same post), I succeeded to make the overide, but since I migrated the site to 2.5, the overide (a copied the calendar.php file) does'nt work.

There is the 1.5 page (online) : http://quebecissime.net/index.php?optio ... Itemid=427

And there is the new 2.5 site : http://67.205.91.198/~quebecis/index.ph ... -la-bolduc

When clicking on any date, I'm supposed to be redirected to the internal calendar menu (main menu : "Calendrier")

Thanks for your help.

André
andrechapleau

Postby Geraint » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 am

In which folder did you place your Joomla 2.5 calendar.php override file?
Geraint

Postby andrechapleau » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 am

I placed the "default" and the "geraint" folders there:

/templates/rt_zephyr/html/mod_jevents_cal
andrechapleau

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)