JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Mini-calendar specific hyperlink

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby andrechapleau » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:06 pm

I still need some help here.

I tried a couple of things, but nothing changed in the link. I fact, I'm not sure if the override is working. I have some questions... If someone could anwser them, I might be able to figure something out.

1) I copied the "calendar.php" file in (template name)/html/mod_jevents_cal/tmpl/default/... Do I have the right path? I mean: a copied the same path that the one in the module folder... Is it what I need to do?

2) I assume that copying the file will make the override, but do I need to delete the original "calendar.php" file for the new one to work?

3) I tried to change what looks like links in the "calendar.php" file. On the "$attribs['onclick']"... line and the following, but I'm not sure it's the right ones. Could you help me, here? I have no clue!

Please help me, I don't know what I am doing wrong. :oops:

Thanks.
andrechapleau

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 am

there is no tmpl/ in the override folder path.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby andrechapleau » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:14 pm

That did the trick!

Thank you Geraint
andrechapleau

Postby andrechapleau » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi,

I recently migrated my the same website in J2.5 and tried to duplicate the overide I did on your indications, but failed to make it work.

I don't know what I did wrong.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks,

André
andrechapleau

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Can you please specify the exact folder you placed the over ride in?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby andrechapleau » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:57 pm

There it is: I put the file calendar.php (the one originaly in the Default folder in:

/templates/rt_zephyr/html/mod_jevents_cal/Default

and the one in the Geraint folder:

/templates/rt_zephyr/html/mod_jevents_cal/Geraint

Do I need to delete the original files?

Does the overide in joomla 2.5 is supposed to go at the same place as in joomla 1.5?

I did the first overide almost a year ago, and I'm a little lost with all that stuff. Maybe I made some changes in the php files, copying from the 1.5 in the 2.5, that I was not supposed to do...

Thanks a lot.

André
andrechapleau

Postby carcam » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:42 am

I think one of the problem is the Caps in the last folder name. Can you try changing it to not capitalized words?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby andrechapleau » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:17 am

I just changed /Default for /default (and /Geraint for /geraint), but no result. In fact, that are not the only problems I have with this new JEvents for J2.5.

I can't configure it in any way. I tried to follow indications and make a clean install, but failed to see the results:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.../public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 377
Table '(name).j17_jev_users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT tl.*, ju.name as jname, ju.username FROM j17_jev_users AS tl LEFT JOIN j17_users as ju ON tl.user_id=ju.id WHERE ju.id IN ( 0 )
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.../public_html/administrator/components/com_jevents/tables/jevuser.php on line 208

Maybe I'm better to start a new post on JEvents for 2.5... Don't you think?
andrechapleau

Postby carcam » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:03 am

It seems that the database was not created properly. Sometimes reinstalling the component helps (it will not affect your data)
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby andrechapleau » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:39 am

I did just that. The last version: 2.1.13a.

No change.
andrechapleau

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)