JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED - Getting invalid date!

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 am

Can you describe the exact sequence of cells you fill and buttons you click relating to the dates/times of this event starting with the initial values.

There is javascript built in to the event creation code to stop you from having an event that starts before it ends.

Are you in Fiji or Brazil by any chance?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby semmerket » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Seems that the sequence doesn´t matter in that case. I simply try to insert 2012-10-21 and no matter what the JEvents changes to 2012-10-20.

Yes I am in Brazil. Does this matter?

Thanks for the help. :)
semmerket

Postby Tonyp » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Very interesting?

Do you experience any javascript error messages when editing?

Can you go to: Jevents->configuration select 'Event Editing' and look for the option:

Edit Events in one tab

Set it to yes.

Let me know how that works?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby semmerket » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 pm

No javascript errors. I´ve tryed to change the option to Edit events in one tab to Yes, but it continues changing the date.
semmerket

Postby Geraint » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Geraint wrote:Can you describe the exact sequence of cells you fill and buttons you click relating to the dates/times of this event starting with the initial values.

You need to tell us which cells you are clicking in and entering data in.

That date is the start of your Summer Time - it shouldn't affect Javascript but it could be a possible (but unlikely) explanation.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby semmerket » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:33 pm

I don´t explained in detail before, because it doesn´t need to! :) It´s quite simple the steps that I do:

1. Manage Events > New (or Edit)
2. Click in calendar tab
3. Click in calendar icon in start date
4. Select October month
5. Click on day 21
6. It changes to 20.
7. Even inserting the date manually it changes the date too.
semmerket

Postby Geraint » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks - what I needed to know was if you had clicked in the start date first or after the end date etc.

Which web browsers have you tried this in?
Geraint

Postby semmerket » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 am

I don´t clicked in any other field first... But, even clicking in other fields doesn´t matter. The error always happens. I´ve tested in all recent browsers, last versions of Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. All with the same error.
semmerket

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:26 am

I'm afraid I have no ideas why this is happening - it doesn't happen in the UK with a Welsh or English language setting on any browsers.
Geraint

Postby semmerket » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:31 pm

hehe I´ve tested in other site with JEvents and it is with the same problem! Well, this is very bizarre, but I´ve managed to change the date changing manually the values in the database.

Thanks for all the help.
semmerket

Previous

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)