JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED - Calendar Week View In Article

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby georges999 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey, im fairly new to this whole HTML and CSS and Joomla thing and have been struggling along.

Ive come across an issue where Id like the Week View Calendar to show in an article.

at the moment I have an Iframe in the exact position, but when you click on a link it just shows it in that Iframe and not on a new page.

What i am looking for is either a plugin / module to show this week calendar in an article and when the link is clicked to go to a new page rather than show in the Iframe.

Its easier to see my issue:
http://www.georges-march.co.uk
its on the homepage
I would REALLY appreciate help on this matter asap.
Last edited by carcam on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread marked as Solved
georges999
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Instead of showing the week view I think using latest events module and the insert module plugin that comes with Joomla! could help you better.

You may create an overrides for the module layout if you want. What do you think?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby georges999 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have tried this and I do not think it has the same effect.

Is there a way of showing the Week Calendar in an article? Or maybe if there was a way that I could "change" the layout of the Week Calendar so that the links go to a new page? (So where the week days are there is a href tag target="_blank" and every event also has this tag? Ive looked in the JEvents Layout Defaults

Dont get me wrong I appreciate your contribution :)

Regards
georges999
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Did you think of using the latest events module instead?

With some basic PHP skills this can be customised to group the events by day and create an attractive layout in your frontpage? This module would, by default, open in a new Joomla page like most Joomla links
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby georges999 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Hey Geraint

If I had ANY Idea how to use PHP to create layouts etc I would have no problem in doing just that. But i have been thrown in the deep end. Ive being playing about with existing CSS and HTML to create what I have at the moment. Im really struggling.

Ill have a look at some basic PHP editing etc. But I think it would just be far easier if I could make that Calendar show as it is without an Iframe.

I just wanted to know basically if that was possible?

Thanks for your reply and sorry if I sound sharp, bad day...

I do appreciate your reply though.. :)
georges999
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:51 pm

I think there are some plugins to show components inside articles. That might be a good solution without the iFrame...
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby georges999 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:20 am

Carcam

Thanks for your reply. I will have a look and update thread if i can find one, or is there a particular JEvents plugin?
georges999
Silver Members

Postby georges999 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14 am

Ok so i found a Plugin: Plugin Include Component
and have tried to figure out the component name for the Week View calendar, but all i keep getting is the month view.

Please see below:
http://www.georges-march.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37

Any idea on how I can choose the week.listevents calendar view?

This is what I have for the Plugin
{component url='index.php?option=com_jevents&name=week.listevents'}

Thanks
georges999
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello,

How does the plugin work? does it load just a component inside it? or just it load a menu item inside?

If using a menu item, just create a week view one and load it that way.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby carcam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:18 am

The url for current week should be:

index.php?option=com_jevents&view=week&layout=listevents

If you use this url instead in the plugin, it should work.
carcam
Team Staff

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)