JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED - Can't send invitation emails (RSVP Pro)

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby bsmediavision » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi there
I have Joomla 1.5.23 and JEvents 1.5.5e and Community Builder 1.4. PHP 5.2.14.
I have some problems with the RSVP Pro Extension. I can't send any invitations for the events. I tried already several configuration options for sending emails. If I set the mailer in the main joomla configurations to php mail and then I send invitaions. The symbols says that the mails have been sent. But I never received one.
If I set the configurations to sendmal or smtp-server the symbol stays to unsent.
In my local settings of the whole project everything works fine. I get the invitations.
I have also to tell that it is not a general mailing problem, because if I add a new user, he will get an email with login and his password.

I hope someone can help me with this one. And also I have to apologize for my english! Thanks already in advance for any advise!
bsmediavision

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 pm

The sender of these emails is the event creator's email address so you may have server settings (e.g. SPF on the domain) that blocks these messages or diverts them to a spam folder.

The most recent versions of RSVP Pro allow you to set an override email address and name for the sender of these messages. So if your version is recent enough you could try setting these values.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby bsmediavision » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks for your help! That solved my problem!
bsmediavision

Postby chenz2 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:56 pm

I sent an invitation to my hotmail address but they instantly sent it to spam. How would I avoid that?
chenz2

Postby Tonyp » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Hello Chenz2,

It will be because of the email address/subject/content.

Basically try to make it look more official. Unless of course the emails that you are receiving are from your self?

For instance my site users my email address for the admin, but I also use my email for entering events / registering so for me they always go to the inbox as it looks like it is spoofing your email.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)