JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Installation Problems

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby pwdesign » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 am

Hello-
I would appreciate any aid you could offer. I tried installing JEvents and it appeared to install fine. The configuration screen came up, but at the bottom of the screen was this message:

fatal error cannot run code from this file in conjunction with non encoded files

there was no save button and no way to get the component working. When I went to uninstall, I began getting a 500 internal server error on every section of the install/uninstall extension manager. I manually removed the component files via ftp and stripped out the tables in the database, but I still can't access any part of the extension manager due to the 500 error.

Joomla 1.5.20
JEvents 1.5.5
Server Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Database version: MySQL client version: 4.1.22
Web browser: Firefox 3.6.16
pwdesign

Postby pwdesign » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:37 am

Sorry...previous post had incomplete info at bottom:

Hello-
I would appreciate any aid you could offer. I tried installing JEvents and it appeared to install fine. The configuration screen came up, but at the bottom of the screen was this message:

fatal error cannot run code from this file in conjunction with non encoded files

there was no save button and no way to get the component working. When I went to uninstall, I began getting a 500 internal server error on every section of the install/uninstall extension manager. I manually removed the component files via ftp and stripped out the tables in the database, but I still can't access any part of the extension manager due to the 500 error.

PHP Version 5.2.12
Joomla 1.5.20
JEvents 1.5.5
Server Version: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Database version: MySQL client version: 4.1.22
memory_limit 256M
Web browser: Firefox 3.6.16
pwdesign

Postby Geraint » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 pm

This suggests the problem is arising from an encoded application in Joomla e.g. CB Subs or JReviews.

You'll need to ask them for assistance I'm afraid.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby pwdesign » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't able to save the whole error message (I only had this part of the message saved in my search history), but the rest of it referred to the "latest events module".
pwdesign

Postby Ragnarok » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Where is the file tar.gz package? who know tell me please. Thanks a lot
Ragnarok

Postby Bifford » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 pm

When installing the new 155f_b1887.zip the follow comes up:

1056 - An error has occurred.
Invalid controller: name='config', format=''
Return to Control Panel

Clicking the Return link takes me back to the control panel which says:

Error loading component: , 1
Database Table Setup Was Required

This is using Joomla 1.6.3. JEvents worked fine on 1.5 but something's obviously broken here.

Please help.
Sam / Bifford
Bifford

Postby carcam » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:36 am

JEvents 1.5.5 is not designed for joomla! 1.6. To use JEvents on Joomla! 1.6 you should install JEvents 2.0 (Now in Release Candidate 6) that currently is only available for Club members.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Bifford » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:45 pm

carcam wrote:JEvents 1.5.5 is not designed for joomla! 1.6. To use JEvents on Joomla! 1.6 you should install JEvents 2.0 (Now in Release Candidate 6) that currently is only available for Club members.

Ah. Darn.

I miss-read the news item and thought 1.5.5f was designed to work for J1.5and J1.6.

I love jEvents, unfortunately event £15 to get bronze is beyond my means at the moment.

Thank you for your reply.

Sam
Bifford

Postby michaelM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Can you help me find the tar.gz package/Thanks
michaelM

Postby Geraint » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:53 am

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)