JEvents Translations (Free Access)

(obsolete) French language file

The place to discuss and post translations of JEvents

Postby guzabi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 pm

(Post deleted - please see sticky french translation post in same forum)
(Message effacé - merci de lire le post-it sur la traduction française de JEvents dans ce même forum)

Please check this post : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1828
Last edited by guzabi on Sun May 10, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Joomla 1.5.18 / JEvents 1.5.4
guzabi
Contributor

Postby Geraint » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Thanks for this - my plan is to make a download area for translations and will add this file there.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby guzabi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Well, since my post, I have been using the component and found that my translations were not always ok (so I'll post a new version eventually) and I also noticed that some strings are not translatable yet in the component. I'd be glad to see them added in the release version... Non-translatable strings include notification messages for actions in the admin, subtitles in various tabs of the config, some popup-menu items/titles, and so on.

Oh! And whle-day events also display "00:00" as start time in monthly view in the calendat. This is not nice, of course...
guzabi
Contributor

Postby Geraint » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Are you using the latest build from the Jevents 1.5 forum?

I added lots of missing language strings a week or so ago.

Also can you start a new topic in the Jevents 1.5 forum about your 00:00 point. I'm not seeing this behaviour so a little explanation about how to recreate it would be good.

Thanks

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby guzabi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Errr... I DL'ed JEvents 1.5 Beta some time ago, but don't know if it's the real last build (build number does appear in admin's about tab). As for 00:00 issue, ok I'll start a new topic, but it's fairly easy to reproduce here : make a new event starting some day and finishing some days later and mark it as "whole day". It will appear on severl days in the monthly view, with "00:00" prefixed like if it started at midnight...

I'll try and DL the new build, just in case...
guzabi
Contributor

Postby Djaq » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:40 pm

hi. can anybody explain clearly how to install a laguage pack...
I have search in the site but no found it...
please !

in french.
comment installer le pack de language????
essayez de le faire le plus clairement et le plus simplement possible.
Merci d'avance

After trying i found.... alone!

1- download the file in the first post
2- unzip the file
3- upload with ftp (filezilla for exemple) the Fr-fr.com_jevents.ini from the backend directory (unzipped directory) to the administrator/language/fr-FR dir on your site
4- upload with ftp (filezilla for exemple) the Fr-fr.com_jevents.ini from the frontent directory (unzipped directory) to the language/fr-FR dir on your site

all work..

I hope it will be clear enough for the other newbees....like me
Djaq

Postby guzabi » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:04 pm

I couldn't explain this better... :) Yet I have to add this is exactly the same for every language file for every component/module/plugin/etc. in Joomla! BTW, the file is no longer up-to-date. I'll post a new version as soon as possible. [EDIT] New version available (I updated first post so it's more clear). [EDIT again] : In integrated installation instructions in first post, for ease of use...
Last edited by guzabi on Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guzabi
Contributor

Postby jseb » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:18 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH DJAQ....

ITS ACTUALLY WITH YOUR simple tutorial. Now it work thank!

Great feature by the way.
jseb

Postby urwie » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:26 pm

Some people might make a mistake and FTP the files in the language directory of the component (/administrator/com_jevents/language/ and /components/com_jevents/language/) which is NOT CORRECT.

So thanks for this post, cause it helped me get my dutch translation installed. :)

Like this:

/root of my joomla installation/language/nl-NL/
(for the front-end part)

/root of my joomla installation/administrator/language/nl-NL/
(for the backend part)
urwie

Postby guzabi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:20 pm

guzabi wrote:[*]upload (FTP) the lang file from "frontend" folder to [root_of_your_install]/language/fr-FR/

urwie wrote:/root of my joomla installation/language/nl-NL/
(for the front-end part)

I might appear picky, but I can't see any reason why your way of explaining things would be any clearer than mine. Anyway, saying things twice might sometimes help. Or does it ? I might even say that adding instructions for uploading NL language files in a post about FR language file might lead to confusion. To prevent any further discussion, here is a generic explanation :

Front-end language files for Joomla! are always saved in :
(Joomla! root) / language / (language code) /

Back-end language files for Joomla! are always saved in :
(Joomla! root) / Administrator / language / (language code) /

And I will also quote Joomla! Forum (http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=485&t=369796)
ot2sen wrote:The language naming convention in joomla! [xx-XX] is made of [iso639 language code]-[iso3166 country code]
More info about language packs here: http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_create_a_language_pack

Maybe now someone will feel authorized to post information, remarks and corrections about the french language pack here…
guzabi
Contributor

Next

Return to JEvents Translations (Free Access)