Jevents 1.4 for Joomla 1.0.x

Getting from Jevents 1.3 to 1.4

Postby dmcneillsf » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:26 am

A friend has asked me for help digging his website out of Joomla 1.0, which also means bringing Jevents up-to-date. (what a mess! :o ) Currently, he's running Jevents 1.3 and from what I've found in my research, I need to get to 1.4 (I have a copy of 1.4.3RC) and then migrate to Jevents 1.5.

Are there upgrade instructions for this? I've set up a backup of the site under Joomla 1.5 and everything is running except the Jevents 1.3 and I can't find documentation on getting the Jevents files to 1.4.3.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice you can provide.
Deb
dmcneillsf

Postby dmcneillsf » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:33 pm

I've got the data into 1.4.3RC on Joomla 1.0 - not quite how I did it but everything is showing up. Now, to get it from 1.0 to 1.5!! I think I'd rather get the flu at present. :(

Deb
dmcneillsf

Postby Geraint » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:23 am

Sorry I didn't see your message yesterday - for some reason the forum software didn't flag a new message in this forum (not sure why).

Did you see the migration instructions http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... nd-running ?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby dmcneillsf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Hello Geraint!
I have read the instructions and these also - http://www.jevents.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1883

So based on the instructions in the Joomla1.0x to Joomla1.5.xx Migrator post - I ran the exporter on the 1.4.3 jevents data running under j1.0 and created the eventsdata.txt file. I have installed jevents 1.5.5 in j1.5.22. I ran the importer with the eventsdata.txt in the same directory. I've tried it both with and without lines 125-132. I'm getting the following error -

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/swmtsuga/public_html/jeventsmigrator_import.php on line 135

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/swmtsuga/public_html/jeventsmigrator_import.php on line 149

The data in the eventsdata.txt file is very odd looking.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and I haven't found anyone else who has had this problem (bummer!).

I'm looking forward to your advice! :)
Debra
dmcneillsf

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 am

can you include the first 20 or so lines of your eventsdata.txt file.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby dmcneillsf » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 pm

It's not really a .txt file. More like one long, ugly character string. Here are the first few characters -

YToyOntzOjQ6ImNhdHMiO2E6Njp7aToxMzthOjE3OntzOjI6ImlkIjtzOjI6IjEzIjtzOjk6InBhcmVudF

No rows. I thought this wasn't right and ran the export a couple times but always produced exactly the same result.

Deb
dmcneillsf

Postby dmcneillsf » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

While I don't know much about the inner constructions of the database, especially collation stuff, could part of the problem be that the collation for the old (joomla 1.0) database is latin1_swedish_ci?

At least now I know that the export program is supposed to produce rows rather than something that looked compiled.
dmcneillsf

Postby dmcneillsf » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Learned some more stuff. I put a "print_r" command into jeventsmigrator_export.php, just before
Code: Select all
$eventdata = base64_encode(serialize($eventdata));

The data appears to be in english, in arrays, no apparent problems. But that base64_encode does turn the data into compiled stuff.
dmcneillsf

Postby dmcneillsf » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:30 pm

And please don't laugh at me about the "base64_encode" comment. I have my PHP Functions book just above my laptop.

OK, it looks like something isn't working with the encode/decode part of the system. I put a var_dump into the import system after
$eventdata = unserialize(base64_decode($eventdata));

The output was bool(false) - now that's helpful (not).

What would happen if I just dumped the data to an sql or xml file and uploaded it? Nope, there is code at the end of the import.php that looks like it's formatting the variables. Is there a php function that will load an xml or sql text file into an array?

I guess it's time for an emoticon. :?:
dmcneillsf

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Try
$tempdata = base64_decode($eventdata);
var_dump($tempdata);

what does this giv eyou?
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 1.4 for Joomla 1.0.x