JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Plugin for jEvents 1.5 for sh404_SEF

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby savvygroup » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 pm

i cant believe i didnt think of that they are both the same. i will update them know and see what happens.
savvygroup

Postby savvygroup » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:06 pm

ok i changed the alias and that did not fix it. i then change the name of the menu item and that did fix it.

Is there a way i can modify the sef_plugin to instead used the alias instead of the menu item name?
savvygroup

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 am

Sorry - forgot that sh404sef does that. I'm afraid that is a question for the sh404sef team since that function is in the sh404sef core core.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby savvygroup » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:47 pm

thanks for the reply i will try with them.
savvygroup

Postby savvygroup » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:27 pm

I asked the sh404 team and the issue is in the plugin. I did take a look at the plugin and it uses a menu call to construct it. We would have to put in a option for it to use alias instead for jevents.

See the code for it from the plugin here. If i get extra time i will try to add in the option myself but i wouldn't consider myself a programmer by any means. The custom sh404 flexicontent plugin i believe has the option of using an alias in it. I can try to compare that one.

Code: Select all
// start by inserting the menu element title (just an idea, this is not required at all)
$task = isset($task) ? @$task : 'month.calendar';
$Itemid = isset($Itemid) ? @$Itemid : null;

$shEventsName = shGetComponentPrefix($option);
$shEventsName = empty($shEventsName) ?
      getMenuTitle($option, $task, $Itemid, null, $shLangName) : $shEventsName;
$shEventsName = (empty($shEventsName) || $shEventsName == '/') ? 'EventsCom' : $shEventsName;

$segments = array();
$segments[] = $shEventsName;
savvygroup

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:29 pm

the getMenuTitle function uses a sh404sef config option
Code: Select all
$nameField = $sefConfig->useMenuAlias ? 'alias' : 'name';
to choose between the menu title and alias.

Not sure on which page in the config this is set?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby savvygroup » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:49 am

i will check with sh404. i have actually looked for that option over and over and i couldn't find it. i have read about it in there support forum but is all on older posts. i wonder if it was taken out. I will check with sh404.

thanks,
gabe
savvygroup

Postby savvygroup » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:09 am

I found this setting btw in SH404 - Advanced Settings -> Joomla
savvygroup

Postby alainroger » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:55 pm

hifi wrote:Just made first version of plugin, and it can be found in:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/sh404_plugins/frs/

Just remember to copy both plugin and language file. Haven't tested it completely, because my test server is unavailable ATM.

I'll write meta plugin too little later.

Please, tell in this thread if there's some problems with plugin, so I can fix those.

Direct links:
Plugin (to components/com_sh404sef/sef_ext): http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... events.zip
Language file (to administrator/components/com_sh404sef/language/plugins/): http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... events.zip

sorry to ask that but how does it work ?
i was thinking i will get a tab into my SH404SEF extension configuration windows, but nothing appears.
alainroger

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:08 pm

That config window is only for the addons that sh404sef provides as standard.
Geraint

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)