JEvents Translations (Free Access)

French translation

The place to discuss and post translations of JEvents

Postby unagi » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Hello,

I found a French translation on joomlacode.org but it was neither complete nor <ahem> entirely accurate ;) So I downloaded babelpad and got to it. If understood Thomas' instructions correctly (thanks T!) I have a .zip ready. I put the same file in both front and admin places, since the one file seems to contain both views. I'll be glad to split them if someone can point me to what/how?

Any comments?
Thanks!
Attachments
fr-FR.zip
French translation from rev 1133
(8.51 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
unagi

Postby Thomas » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks for the translation. The admin translation file is totally different. I guess you had not downloaded it.
Thomas
Site Admin

Postby AlexPelletier » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:35 am

Hi,

Where exacly should I copy the files you uploaded? I still have problems with character encoding, but only with the months names...(french)

Thanks in advance
AlexPelletier

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:46 am

You install is as Joomla language file (bear in mind that it is likely to be out of date so there will be some untranslated strings in beta).

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby AlexPelletier » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:17 am

Excuse me, I didn't understood what to do with the files. I might not even need them. The problem I have is quite simple, the ONLY accent missing is for the months, both for the main calendar and the lastest events module (everything else is ok). When I change the character encoding of my browser from utf-8 to ISO-8859-1, the missing accent appears correctly...so I guess the problem is likely to be the character encoding of a file somewhere.

I searched for the file that tells jEvents to write "février" (also "décembre" and "août") and found alot but whenever I modified the "é" for "&eacute;" in them, nothing ever happened...(even if I write anything like : "févrierTEST" I just can't seem to be modifing the good file)

At this point, I only want to know where is the file that tells jEvents to write février for the calendar. Simple "e" instead of "é" would do the job.

PLEASE help me!

Alex
AlexPelletier

Postby Geraint » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:19 pm

The language files need to be saved with UTF-8 encoding. Can you check the encoding of the file.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby AlexPelletier » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:44 pm

I don't know what files to re-encode. Could tou tell me exacly the path to them?

For re-encoding, do I simply open it with notepad and save it in utf-8?

Thanks ALOT for the support!
AlexPelletier

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:43 am

If you installed the language files already using the Joomla language installer then they will be at

/languages/fr_FR/fr_FR_com_jevents.ini

or something similar.

Note sure if notepad can save files in utf-8 but if it can then yes that is what you need to do.
Geraint

Postby AlexPelletier » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:31 pm

First, thanks alot for the support, I appreciate it very much.

Second, If the joomla language installer you talked about is the one in the admin background of joomla, I already tried it but with no success because there is no .xml install file in the .zip! There is simply two .ini files...

Thanks again for the quick answers.
AlexPelletier

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:33 am

Just unzip them to the frontend and admin french language folders then
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents Translations (Free Access)