JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED - Front End Event Adding through Menu.

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby jaimin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Hello Jevent Experts

I want to add the calender form the front end through a event submission form. So for that I have applied Menu Item Type (JEVENTS - Create New Event).

So now when I access this link. A Event adding form is opened and after inputting all the data when I click on Save or Cancel Icon. It just shows a Blank Page and no event gets added.

Please let me know what to do.
jaimin

Postby Geraint » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:41 pm

You have enabled popup editing in JEvents so you need to simulate this in your menu using javascript - there is a club member article that describes this http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... nt-editing
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby noizagenda » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 am

And what about making it in a module?
I was trying to follow the same steps with JCE editor and replacing the url of the link with the javascript and doesn't work...

Any suggestios?

www.noizagenda.com (yo can see the example in a module with a green arrow in the right)
noizagenda
Silver Members

Postby noizagenda » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Ok, solved, it was a problem with the code filtering of joomla!

Thanks anyway!
noizagenda
Silver Members

Postby noizagenda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Just one more thing...
When we use this new javascript link to submmit events, after clicking on save, the pop-up goes away. Is it possible to redirect the site to the new event son annonymous users can see their own event? When the pop-up goes away they don't understand it and think their event is not posted, so they try again and again generating duplicated events!!
noizagenda
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:22 pm

What version of JEvents and Joomla do you have?

I think you may have Joomla 2.5 and that your JEvents is not quite up to date (v 2.1.12)
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby noizagenda » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:26 am

Hi!
Actually I was thinking about upgrading joomla and Jevents, but I'm a bit scared, because I don't know if the urls will change or the way Jevents index the event in the dtabase. We made an android app for the site that takes the info from the database and shares events whith the actual urls... I have the same problem with the template.

What do you think?

*By the way, the name of the app is NOIZ Agenda, available in the andorid market
noizagenda
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:46 am

What version of Joomla and JEvents do you have - I can then advise you better.
Geraint

Postby noizagenda » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:51 am

joomla 1.7.1
jevents:

component_com_jevents : 2.1.7
component_com_jeventstags : 1.1.5
component_com_jevlocations : 1.4.25
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.1.3
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.0.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.1.0
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.0.0
layout_iconic : 2.1.1
plugin_jevents_jevanonuser : 1.4.2
plugin_jevents_jevcustomfields : 1.2.9
plugin_jevents_jevfeatured : 1.1.1
plugin_jevents_jevfiles : 1.5.3
plugin_jevents_jevlocations : 1.4.14
plugin_jevents_jevtags : 1.1.6
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.0.2
noizagenda
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:57 am

You should at least update Joomla to version 1.7.5 (ideally to version 2.5.2) and JEvents to version 2.1.12 (you will also HAVE TO upgrade the iconic layout) and it would be a good idea to update the other club addons too.

Do you have a clone/dev/sandbox site where you can do this safely as a test?
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)